Met A Young Guy

Early

Met a young guy who was bowhunting deer as I was on my way out of the local WMA. I stopped to talk to him...since I knew the area well from nearly 40 years of hunting there. We chatted for a bit, and then he shared with me some of the stuff he had collected on "trail cams"....and, then, I drove off. I realized I was not talking to a hunter. You newbies who realy on the latest hi-tech gadgetry must, at some point, own up to the fact that you are not hunters. You are more like video game players. Please...please...please stay out of the woods. Play your games in the video arcades!!

This place is LOADED with newbies.  They are showered with all kinds of horse manure from these horrid shows on the Outdoor Channel, Sportsman's Channel etc.  With all the crap they see, how can you blame them?

Hopefully they are here to learn a few things.

• Like 2

Met a young guy who was bowhunting deer as I was on my way out of the local WMA. I stopped to talk to him...since I knew the area well from nearly 40 years of hunting there. We chatted for a bit, and then he shared with me some of the stuff he had collected on "trail cams"....and, then, I drove off. I realized I was not talking to a hunter. You newbies who realy on the latest hi-tech gadgetry must, at some point, own up to the fact that you are not hunters. You are more like video game players. Please...please...please stay out of the woods. Play your games in the video arcades!!

yup, the spirit of the deer hunt is slowly dying.........every time I hear score or G2 or whatever you call those things, I just want to puke...

• Like 1

As I watched a show today, I was just thinking......"if you really want to be a hunter go hunt stateland! Now thats a challenge." I like the shows dont get me wrong, but when they show 15- 20 a deer a day, thats not the reality I live in. LOL I also tried to mentor and take 2- kids (17 & 20 year old) out with me hunting as they showed some interest. 

Neither one can make a commitment to scout with me or get out of bed early......Oh Well !!!

BS,I use trail cams,arial photos,scent killers,scent loc,compound bows,newest optics and guns I can and anything I can to make me hunt better. Doesn't make me any less of a hunter than you.Unless you use a damned spear you are a hypocrite in the first order.Do you sue smokeless powder cartridges in your rifle?Do you bowhunt?If you do what do you use?I hope its a stick bow you made yourself with a sinew bow string and wooden arrows with frickin feathers.How about the clothes you where,better be buckskins and moccasins!! Do you drive a automobile to your hunting spot,better stop that crap and hitch up Ole trigger without a saddle.Stay in a camp?Forget all that,time to get out the TeePee.What do you cut your animal up with?Better be a flint knife and nothing newer than 200 years old.Now granted I don't like the way some of the shows play loud music and portray us like hollywood superstars with all the music,but the guy in that vid may or may not be a better hunter than any of us.Just because we use different things doesn't mean we are slob hunters or you are a old stick in the mud old fart.Times change,don't tell me I am wrong because I don't do things the way you do.And that young guy you meet in the woods has every right to that state land as you or I do

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
inappropriate language
  • Like 2

BS,I use trail cams,arial photos,scent killers,scent loc,compound bows,newest optics and guns I can and anything I can to make me hunt better. Doesn't make me any less of a hunter than you.Unless you use a damned spear you are a hypocrite in the first order.Do you sue smokeless powder cartridges in your rifle?Do you bowhunt?If you do what do you use?I hope its a stick bow you made yourself with a sinew bow string and wooden arrows with frickin feathers.How about the clothes you where,better be buckskins and moccasins!! Do you drive a automobile to your hunting spot,better stop that crap and hitch up Ole trigger without a saddle.Stay in a camp?Forget all that,time to get out the TeePee.What do you cut your animal up with?Better be a flint knife and nothing newer than 200 years old.Now granted I don't like the way some of the shows play loud music and portray us like hollywood superstars with all the music,but the guy in that vid may or may not be a better hunter than any of us.Just because we use different things doesn't mean we are slob hunters or you are a old stick in the mud old fart.Times change,don't tell me I am wrong because I don't do things the way you do.And that young guy you meet in the woods has every right to that state land as you or I do

Were you the guy he met at the local WMA lol. Jk. I agree

No not me,he meets a young guy that hunts the same area,lets him in on some info about some nice deer in the area that is state land because the "young man" is probably a good person and Early rips him apart here.I just don't understand why it makes a difference to anyone how anyone hunts as long as its legal.We are all in the same club here and fight for the same cause.Why would early care how he hunts,he isn't harming anyone and doing what 70-80% of the people on this sight do to get their deer.

• Like 2

My father shot more deer wearing woolrich's and smoking a cigarette than I do with my food plots and trail cam. To me its all part of the fun.

Hell..I have 100s of dollars in camo, but still kill 1/2 my deer in blue jeans and a fleece pullover or hoody..

I usually don't break out all the "fancy " gear untill I go on my southern tier trip...

Gotta look the part ya know..lol

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 1

Anything that can interest and excite people to get outdoors and enjoy the woods and wildlife gets my vote. I think trail cams add a whole new, and fun, dimension. You still have to scout and put the effort in, but now you can get yourself all psyched knowing what might be lurking out there. I was using them years ago when they first came out because they gave my 80 year old uncle something to do after it got to hard for him to actually sit in a stand for hours hunting.

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 3