tractor opinions please

I have a New Holland 4630 in that horsepower range nice tractor and easy on fuel, 3 cylinder diesel, Works great in the woods with  a Farmi three point skidding winch and many other jobs on my farm. I have bigger horsepower tractors for the heavy work. Good Luck !

I believe most of the backhoes for these class C and D tractors are made in Korea. Ameroquip and Woods are building backhoes for a few majors as well as their own. Hydraulic issues are the most problem on backhoes. Most of the brands today hold their structure rather well. I have seen a few dipper sticks ripped off though.

We have a Kubuta L39 and love it, it does everything.   Picked up some massive rocks this weekend with my old man, built a pretty bad ass fire pit. Only issue we had so far was a leaky line, purchased it used, put over 150 hours on it so far. Next big project is a pond. 

post-2-0-91384300-1381238390_thumb.jpg

Honestly, for lift capacity , gal per min on pump, weight of tractor, and cost. Kioti is by far best bang for the buck. (I've looked for myself and 2 friends in last 3years and we've all bought kioti,after loong ad jd,new holland,bobcat,massy,koubota,and mahindra) plus great warranty, and can get free loader during promotions. 0% INTEREST

Honestly, for lift capacity , gal per min on pump, weight of tractor, and cost. Kioti is by far best bang for the buck. (I've looked for myself and 2 friends in last 3years and we've all bought kioti,after loong ad jd,new holland,bobcat,massy,koubota,and mahindra) plus great warranty, and can get free loader during promotions. 0% INTEREST

I agree, Kioti is a strong competor. They had the heaviest loader lift weight in their class back when I sold them. They would lift the rear of the tractor off the ground. No fear of relief valve blowing as others do.  Beat the majors hand down in lift capicities

You do know that 0% raises the price of the tractor, before dealer even recieve them. No different than any other these days..

The thing that sold me on the mahindra was the dealer. The new holland and kabota dealer wouldnt give me the time of day when i was shopping. the JD and kioti dealers had their price ($4k and $3k higher) and that was the price period. my mahindra dealer listened to me, came up with a couple of different options for what i was trying to accomplish, then made the price work. he still calls me about once a month to make sure im happy. when your spending that much money the whole package is what you need to look for. 

• Like 1

The thing that sold me on the mahindra was the dealer. The new holland and kabota dealer wouldnt give me the time of day when i was shopping. the JD and kioti dealers had their price ($4k and $3k higher) and that was the price period. my mahindra dealer listened to me, came up with a couple of different options for what i was trying to accomplish, then made the price work. he still calls me about once a month to make sure im happy. when your spending that much money the whole package is what you need to look for. 

The product has to meet your liking, then comes the dealership.  Never could understand a dealership that try to sell a product, then turn a potiential new customer off.  Your mahindra dealer has taken Sales 101, applied it, and sells product. Good for him!

Who is your dealer ? We do not have any dealers up here.

Personally I would stay as far away from Kioti as humanely possible. I don't have one but have had the opportunity to work on our elderly friends. Its been back to the dealer twice in 3 months due to starting problems. Maybe just happened to get the only bad apple of the group. I don't know but I would be careful. I also found parts to be hard to find and a lack of aftermarket cheaper alternatives. This could be based solely on location though.

Personally I would stay as far away from Kioti as humanely possible. I don't have one but have had the opportunity to work on our elderly friends. Its been back to the dealer twice in 3 months due to starting problems. Maybe just happened to get the only bad apple of the group. I don't know but I would be careful. I also found parts to be hard to find and a lack of aftermarket cheaper alternatives. This could be based solely on location though.

What model are u talking about? What year was it new?

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1956 Ford 9N $2,000 with a bush hog. Found it in a guys front yard 2 miles from my parents farm he wanted $3,500. I went to the bank with drew $2,000 and went back started counting money for him said You take $2,000? He damn near hurt himself taking the money. My brother found a plow for it and we use it to keep the farm paths/roads open when it snows.

1956 Ford 9N $2,000 with a bush hog. Found it in a guys front yard 2 miles from my parents farm he wanted $3,500. I went to the bank with drew $2,000 and went back started counting money for him said You take $2,000? He damn near hurt himself taking the money. My brother found a plow for it and we use it to keep the farm paths/roads open when it snows.

Nice find. Two thousand is a nice buy, provided the unit up to snuff.

The Ford 9N tractor production was from  1939 to 1947. Their were new ones available from dealers in 48 when the Ford 8N came out. The 9N has one brake pedal on each side of the transmission case to identify.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1