10 point or better bucks on trail cams

tibio

Let me get right on that....

Ya I got pics and videos that are true jaw dropping holy crap pics.

Most from friends who hunt not far from me,a few from my spot.

Those guys would face punch me if I posted them. Most make me see them in person, a few will send SOME pics.if I swear not to show anyone.

Is not hard to read some guys posts and figure out just where they hunt. Some even post arial pics. with roads on them to make it even easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By GetEmDrake
      Hey All,
      New to the forum, already missing the deer season and have curiosity to quell. This was a great non-typical I was chasing all season in a bow-only area of Ithaca. Anyone know or hear of a non-typical of this caliber being killed? I'll be out scouting for him aggressively soon enough. Thanks! 
      Nick 

• By DarrenB
      I think the last 2 pics are of daddy. Looks to be a much bigger bear than momma with the cubs. Any opinions on how big daddy might be?  Thought I'd add a video of the 2 cubs fighting/playing with each other.   

• By m1Thumb
      Curious to see what sort of animals have been spotted in Nassau. Post a picture or verbalize your sighting.

The attached picture was taken in Oyster Bay. I've heard of deer heading as far west as Fresh Meadows!
    • By HuntingNY
      2013 HuntingNY.com I Have Cabin Fever Contest - Win a Trail Camera, $50 HNY Store Credit, RealBullet Opener and Pen!

1st place: Bushnell 8 MP Trophy Cam Trail Camera
      2nd place: $50 Credit for the HuntingNY.com store for HNY apparel.
      3rd place: RealBullet.com 50 Caliber Pen, and 50 Caliber Bottle Opener

Geno’s Cabin Fever thread got me checking my tail camera photos and thinking about throwing up a quick contest pretty much anyone can enter. The 2013 Deer season is coming up fast, it will be here sooner than you think.  What is better than a brand spanking new Trail Camera to get out in the woods to get you in the mood along with some other great items.

Rules:  Post a reply on this thread below. ONE post per person. The post must include a picture of a deer you have either shot / harvested with a short blurb of the story behind it AND / OR a trail camera picture of a deer you saw, missed, wanted in the last few years with a short blurb of the story behind it.  As far as the short story, it can be a simple two sentence thing, or feel free to go into detail.

Can’t get any simpler than that.  Entries will be accepted up until Friday May 31st, 2013 at 11:59 ET.  The contest list will then be posted with all contestants along with a unique number assigned to each contestant. The winner will be picked LIVE via live stream (and recorded) during the first week in June, the numbers will be picked via a random number generator. (Thanks jessie.james for the idea) Every single member (and new member) is eligible (except me) as long as you follow the rules above and get that post in by the deadline!

Recap of prizes

1st Place:

Bushnell 8 MP Trophy Cam Trail Camera

The Bushnell 8 MP Trophy Cam Trail Camera (Brown Case) is water- and snow-resistant, functions quite well even in extreme temperatures (-5 to 140deg. F) and is ideal for shooting game and wild life. It can be quickly mounted on tree trunks, posts and other supports using the adjustable web belt provided. Recording high-quality still images at 8 MP with 1-second trigger speed, the trail camera also features Field Scan, a time lapse feature that clicks images at pre-set intervals ranging from 1 minute to 60 minutes.

Field Scan is not triggered by game and covers a long range (which may be out of the PIR range) and a large area as well. The adjustable PIR (Passive Infrared) sensor is motion-activated by movement of game at a distance of up to 45' (13.7 m). The camera simultaneously captures Field Scan images along with Live Trigger images and in multi-image mode it clicks up to 3 images per trigger. If you are looking for video, the Trophy Cam shoots Widescreen, VGA and QVGA clips, with audio capture making the experience vivid.

Night vision ability is up to 45' (13.7 m) and the 32 Black LEDs acting as an invisible flash prove their worth when visible flash is a game deterrent. The trophy cam shoots color videos during the day and B&W during the night. The B&W text LCD is meant for only displaying the menu text to help you with the setting and programming. Connect the trophy cam to an external monitor and you can watch several days of video footage in minutes using the variable speed playback feature.

Key Features and Specifications:
      Black and white text LCD display
      High-quality, 8-megapixel full-color image resolution
      Invisible nighttime flash with 32 LEDs
      Motion activated day/night PIR auto-sensor
      45-foot flash and sensor range
      Adjustable PIR (Low/Medium/High)
      One second trigger speed
      Programmable trigger interval: one second to 60 minutes
      Multi-image mode: one to three images per trigger
      Widescreen, VGA, QVGA video resolution with audio
      Video length: programmable from one to 60 seconds
      Field Scan Time Lapse Mode with Simultaneous Live Trigger: takes images at pre-set intervals of one minute to 60 minutes, within the hours of your choice--at the same time as using the motion activated sensor.
      Weatherproof construction prevents rain from soaking in
      Temperature range: -5 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
      Mounts with adjustable web belt and 1/4-20 socket
      SD card slot supports up to 32GB
      Power: 4 to 8 AA batteries (not included); external power compatible
      Battery Life: up to one year per batteries set

2nd Place:

$50 Credit to http://HuntingNY.com/store/ for use with all HuntingNY apparel -  hats, t-shirts, etc.

3rd Place:

RealBullet.com 50 Caliber Pen - > http://realbullet.com/pen/bullet-pen

Made from a real US Military 50 caliber BMG (Browning Machine Gun) bullet, this pen is just plain awesome. Takes standard BIC STIC disposable pen refill.
      We are the direct manufacturers, all of our 50 caliber bullets are expertly polished. Please look for the REAL BULLET brand and be aware of low grade unpolished, poorly made imitations on the market.

and 50 Caliber Bottle Opener - > http://realbullet.com/bottle-openers/bullet-bottle-opener

A decommissioned real 50 caliber machine gun bullet (.50 BMG) with a sleek cut out for opening bottles. Made in USA by Real Bullet. Real Bullet brand ‘dummy’ or ‘decommissioned’ bullets are made from real bullet components but do not contain gun powder or an active primer. Real Bullet items are Safe, they will not explode and cannot be used in a firearm. Real Bullet items resemble live ammunition, so be aware and do not take them where live ammunition would not be permitted (school, airplane, etc.).

Make sure you check out Real Bullets website - > http://realbullet.com, they have some pretty neat stuff in addition to the items listed above.

Lets see some harvest pics or trail camera pictures along with a short story behind it! Reply to this thread with the attachment.

UPDATE: 

Winners:

1st place:  growalot
      2nd place:  CNY_Archer
      3rd place: cufcameron

Congratulations - Winners will be PM'd.

• By burmjohn
      Heading to my property this weekend.... Can't wait to check the trail cam's! Hoping to see some new bucks in the area too since this is the time of year last year we started to see some new guys roaming around. My brother is meeting me up there as well, thinking of throwing up a stand quick if the weather holds out. I would have liked to have had it up already but it is what it is. Then going to take the wife and baby apple picking and hopefully find some pumpkins too.
      Going to practice with the bow at the further distances as well with my brother, and get those broad heads on there to take a few shots.
      Sooooooooo excited for this season!