Dirt Bags

Honest hunter

Can you just use a climber? Sucks that you have to do that in order to not have to worry about your stands, but......

Really can't use a climber because the spots are thick and don't have any straight trees. I like being able to walk in with just my bow and be real quiet. I would hunt the ground but there are lots of deer and one would be sure to spook. I'm jammed up near the cat tails and have seen some big boys come out. It just stinks to have this happen.

Long island hunting areas on not very accommodating to climbers, not many select trees, that coupled with thieves its best to carry in a pop up or create a brush blind. I have a buddy that's taken over 100 deer with bow on the island, he has never once hunted out of a tree.

Actually yes, but they have not returned my call as of yet..maybe govt. shutdown?

Hmm, I guess I just do things differently. I actually have most of the DEC ECO's cell phone numbers on my phone, and have spoken to each and every one that I will be needing to contact should something arise. I guess I'm old fashioned like that.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Hmm, I guess I just do things differently. I actually have most of the DEC ECO's cell phone numbers on my phone, and have spoken to each and every one that I will be needing to contact should something arise. I guess I'm old fashioned like that.

haha, I'm a dinosaur that shuns technology....I only use the cell in an emergency.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this post those dirtbags are called locals there all assholes even upstate ny that's why you should try to get private property all the locals shoot there deer a lot of them don't even hunt with a bow you don't know how many times I hear gun shots out east on Long Island while I'm hunting your lucky the dec didn't take the stands you usually can't out them up on state land anyway but sorry for the loss

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave!

I do also

Just saw this post those dirtbags are called locals there all assholes even upstate ny that's why you should try to get private property all the locals shoot there deer a lot of them don't even hunt with a bow you don't know how many times I hear gun shots out east on Long Island while I'm hunting your lucky the dec didn't take the stands you usually can't out them up on state land anyway but sorry for the loss

Punctuation my friend. Helps is all understand what you're trying to say.

hmmm, there's a lot of people on this board who would be considered "locals"........they live where they hunt, to lump them in as dirtbags is a pretty broad stroke of the brush......you may want to reconsider that thought.

Spoke to the dec officer and it is perfectly legal to have ladder stands on state property. You must have it marked with back tag # or name and address, must also be put in no earlier than one month prior to opening day, and down one month after season closes.