A True Legend Lost

gfdeputy2

Thoughts & Prayers to the Benoit Family

BURLINGTON, Vt. -

A big loss for the hunting community.

The famous Vermont hunter Larry Benoit -- known by many as the whitetail king -- has died.

His family tells Channel 3 he passed away Monday night after a long illness.

Some have called Benoit one of the best whitetail deer hunters ever to call Vermont home-- a passion he shared with his family.

Loved ones point to his success with the sport and his role in helping to raise nine kids as his biggest accomplishments.

Benoit was inducted into the Vermont Sports Hall of Fame in 2012.

He was 89 years old

A legend indeed. I have many of their videos and their first book. I studied how they hunt and track deer. Everything I learned from Larry and family certainly helps me in the big woods till today.

Prayers to the Benoit family.

Rudy

Founder & Director of Photography, Huntography

• Like 1

I just found out today.  Legend is the ONLY word I associate with Mr.Larry E. Benoit.  After reading "How to bag the biggest buck of your life," I was hooked.  Eventually purchased their DVD collection, worth every penny...  I use their hunting methods during tracking and it has helped many times.  Some of the most exciting hunting I have ever done...  Thank you Mr.Benoit for sharing your wisdom and knowledge on tracking monster deer and passing that information on to your family and the general public with your books and videos. 

He DID soar with the eagles and was a true warrior of the woods who was not afraid to share his vast knowledge and wisdom on being a true sportsman and the best deer tracker in the WORLD...  We will miss you dearly.

Thoughts and prays to the Benoit family from the Calderone family. 

RIP

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/larry-benoit-hunter-big-bucks-dies-vt-20546514