Reminder: Youth Season, Oct. 12 - 14th

Cabin Fever

Can you extrapolate please?

i think i posted the story somewhere else. maybe even in this thread. cliff notes. He purposely hunted near some of our boundaries to see if anything hinky went on. Had 2 or 3 occasions of multiple 20 gauge shots. Spooked running does and a doe standing on the ridge blowing and stomping. We fully believe they were actual youth hunting, but it was not a typical bowhunt. Ruined may be a strong word.

I don't bow hunt. But I do squirrel and yote hunt in the very same woods I'll be deer hunting in. How's it work out for me? I'd say pretty good since I still have almost 100 pounds of venison in my freezer from last year.

If you're so opposed to the youth hunt during bow season, just buy yourself a shit ton of land, post every tree on the perimeter, deny anyone access and then you can bow hunt without being disturbed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

this was my thought. thanks for confirming. It seems most fall squirrel, bird etc. hunters don't bowhunt themselves. JJB, would you go squirrle or turkey hunting in late October?

CD,

Let me just pull tens of thousands of dollars out of my ass and I'll be right on buying that land. I'm not sooo opposed, I just feel the timing was not well thought out.

Edited by Belo

Belo, on 15 Oct 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

He purposely hunted near some of our boundaries to see if anything hinky went on. Had 2 or 3 occasions of multiple 20 gauge shots. Spooked running does and a doe standing on the ridge blowing and stomping. We fully believe they were actual youth hunting, but it was not a typical bowhunt. Ruined may be a strong word.

Would he have complained about a "ruined" bowhunt if those "pesky youth hunters" sent a nice buck over to him??

I have to agree with a few others...get over it. Its done and over with. Sorry if these youth may take some of your target bucks but thats life. If it was a guy on neighboring property some would probably whine and complain just the same. Havent heard of any accidents or deaths so to me it was a success. I also have a feeling that some that are complaining are also the ones who say its been too hot out to hunt. If thats the case then you have no viable reason to whine. These kids got em from the woods,not behind a computer. JMO

Would he have complained about a "ruined" bowhunt if those "pesky youth hunters" sent a nice buck over to him??

Heck no! Then they wouldve been the greatest kids on earth!

My son is 10 and if he could hunt he would. All the guys i hunt with would love nothing more than to see him take a deer with any weapon. Doe button buck big buck doesnt matter. And we would take all the naysaying and put it in a barrel and burn it. Instead of whining about it, how about helping the next generation continue the long tradition of hunting?

Edited by TeeBugg

Lol.  Wow.   <_<

I get it.  I don't bow hunt so I'm an inferior hunter and my opinion (one that's shared by MANY bowhunters on this site, BTW) is somehow invalid.  Maybe I don't bow hunt because I don't have time to practice enough to feel like I'd be capable of taking an ethical shot on a deer.  Maybe I'm able to fill enough tags during gun and ML season to more than fill my freezer, and that of a couple friends as well, that I don't need to spend the extra money on a bow and the bow license.  Maybe it's something that I've thought about getting into, but jackasses like yourself have really turned me off to bow hunting because I don't want to become the pompous ass that you display yourself to be on this site.  But, really, WTF difference does it make if I bow hunt or not?

• Like 1

Maybe momma can kiss all those boo boos better. Your too delicate for Bow Hunting. You've certainly made that clear.

you don't honestly believe that bowhunters are "noble" do you? I can't remember the last time I felt like royalty when I went out bowhunting.........as a matter of fact, every time I read a post that starts off with "deer down", only to read the follow up with an unrecovered deer I cringe.......and can't help but think the opposite.

Edited by jjb4900

It's amazing how a thread that started out as a reminder turned into battleground for a few.  This thread should have celebrated the fact that the youth hunters in NY could have posted their stories of in the field.  Their successes and their experiences in the deer woods.

As a bowhunter and gun hunter I can honestly say that I am disgusted with the exploits of some members on here.  Now we've even resorted to name calling...makes you wonder who the real "youth" are!! 

• Like 5

It's amazing how a thread that started out as a reminder turned into battleground for a few.  This thread should have celebrated the fact that the youth hunters in NY could have posted their stories of in the field.  Their successes and their experiences in the deer woods.

As a bowhunter and gun hunter I can honestly say that I am disgusted with the exploits of some members on here.  Now we've even resorted to name calling...makes you wonder who the real "youth" are!! 

Agree 110%! It's pathetic! It's the same members that have to beat their chests and turn most of the other threads on this site south too! I really intended on posting my daughters first deer pics on here, but it's not worth the bother... 

• Like 2

Agree 110%! It's pathetic! It's the same members that have to beat their chests and turn most of the other threads on this site south too! I really intended on posting my daughters first deer pics on here, but it's not worth the bother... 

I'm glad you're daughter got her first deer.  Congrats to her!! 

It's sad that a few turned you off from posting pics.  However you may want to post them in a separate thread, there are those of us that would appreciate seeing them.

• Like 1

To those that are directing comments to eachother... Do you not have the balls to just PM eachother??  Do those of us a favor that would rather enjoy the site and try to keep things positive, then listen to your bitching, namecalling, egotistical rants, and opinionated views? We didn't make the law, so if you don't like it, bitch at those that did! 

This a discussion forum, so I don't see anything wrong with the fact that a  discussion is going on... but can agree that it has gotten a little silly at this point. As far as opinionated views.... same as any other group , hunters have opinions that are all over the map, just because your or I may not agree with everyones opinion doesn't mean that they aren't entitled to voice them. If anything it's your and my choice to keep coming back and reading it.

I get it.  I don't bow hunt so I'm an inferior hunter and my opinion (one that's shared by MANY bowhunters on this site, BTW) is somehow invalid.  Maybe I don't bow hunt because I don't have time to practice enough to feel like I'd be capable of taking an ethical shot on a deer.  Maybe I'm able to fill enough tags during gun and ML season to more than fill my freezer, and that of a couple friends as well, that I don't need to spend the extra money on a bow and the bow license.  Maybe it's something that I've thought about getting into, but jackasses like yourself have really turned me off to bow hunting because I don't want to become the pompous ass that you display yourself to be on this site.  But, really, WTF difference does it make if I bow hunt or not?

My thought was that he felt that your opinion was less relevant because you are unaffected by the youth season....  a somewhat valid point in this case. Of course you don't mind, it doesn't affect your deer season at all.

I do bow hunt, I don't mind a well mentored youth gun weekend during bow season, I am affected by that as a bow hunter, and back we go to the opening line.

To those that are directing comments to eachother... Do you not have the balls to just PM eachother??

you just directed a comment to them on the open forum... why didn't you pm them each individually? was it something to do with lack of balls or was it just because the forum is what you were responding to?

To those that are directing comments to eachother... Do you not have the balls to just PM eachother?? Do those of us a favor that would rather enjoy the site and try to keep things positive, then listen to your bitching, namecalling, egotistical rants, and opinionated views? We didn't make the law, so if you don't like it, bitch at those that did!

BTW your posts are name calling , bitching, opinionated , rants. So take your own advice and keep things positive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Would love to see her pics - that's what it is all about!