No ammo at Dicks/field and stream

mowin

Went to field and stream in Albany yesterday and there wasn't a single round of ammo on the shelf. Shelves weren't empty, they were filled with other hunting odds and ends.  

Not sure if this has anything to do with the queen's new law's, but it sure looks that way. 

Edited by mowin

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

this weekend i got a notification from Buds that the ammo i was on the waitist for since 2020 was finally available and of course they no longer ship to NY as of Sept 1. 

I know it sucks but if you can ship to the closest FFL in PA, MA, CT, or VT and go pick it up

Edited by NYRturkeycall
  • Like 1

the guy at the local gun shop wants nothing to do with it.  Setting the table for everyone to send all their ammo to him and he gets basically nothing for it, and isnt sure about how the background checks work at that point for a third party deal, and he has to keep records of the transaction for years.......   

Edited by Robhuntandfish

55 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Some ammo at the dick sporting goods in Greece,ny(wouldnt have stopped there but was in the area passing time by,good thing i did).scooped up a box of 7mm-08 for my gun raffle win.had to provide driver's license at counter,occupation then driver's liscence at front checkout....ridiculous 

Occupation seems like a odd question. Is that part of the new law in NY?

I'm glad I brought all my reloading supplies,with me when I moved back here from out west ,I've got enough powder primers cases and bullets to last me 20+ yrs & that's shooting 75-100 rounds during the off season

On 9/6/2022 at 2:01 PM, NYRturkeycall said:

I know it sucks but if you can ship to the closest FFL in PA, MA, CT, or VT and go pick it up

Can’t buy ammo in CT or MA. CT does have a non resident ammo license. I don’t know about MA.