What Rifle/Scope/Ammo Are You Shooting A Deer With This Year?

ridgerunner88

00FB3AAD-8ED7-4147-B213-EE5CEB1C8249.thumb.jpeg.fb7f45cd5aa0b44988d31e73eefd1d1d.jpegWhen I use the ML'r it will be the NULA 50cal smokeless, Leupold VariXIII 2.5x8 & 275gr Parker BE combo.  No decision yet with CF rifle, haven't thought much about it.  Maybe a Remington 700 260Rem or NULA 7mm-08, Tract Toric 2-10x42 with 120gr Barnes TTSX or the .243 NULA

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, Nomad said:

Only hunting rifle I own , some sort of savage 7mm08, with the package scope and Hornady bullets .

Axis or Axis 2 ? If you haven't already order a new trigger spring from m carbo for $11 . Took 5 minutes to put in and drastically reduced the pull on my Axis 2

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Axis or Axis 2 ? If you haven't already order a new trigger spring from m carbo for $11 . Took 5 minutes to put in and drastically reduced the pull on my Axis 2

I did the same trigger on my axis in 30-06. It blew my mind. 300 yard gun all day long. The best investment imo.

• Like 1

Howa 1500 walnut .308 vortex crossfire 2 3x9x40- federal premium 165 grain Berger hybrid hunter

savage axis 6.5 cm same scope. Federal non typical 129 grain  

browning ab3 .243 bushnell trophy xlt - winchester silver tip 95 grain

winchester 70 25.05 Nikon prostaff  - American whitetail 117 grain

• 1 year later...

AR15 Performance barreled rifle in 6.8 SPC II. MEGA upper with a Spikes Tactical lower. The barrel is 16" and I run 110gr Sierra Pro Hunters down it.

It has a Bushnell 3-10x40 Elite 3200 scope mounted in a Burris P.E.P.R mount.

I have 10 round magazines that I have used a dowel to block off so that it can only hold five rounds. I don't want to be out of compliance with the New York State DEC (lol).1ad26a9117193702e9fc06bf0360f2ff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WNY_Whitetailer said:

AR15 Performance barreled rifle in 6.8 SPC II. MEGA upper with a Spikes Tactical lower. The barrel is 16" and I run 110gr Sierra Pro Hunters down it.

It has a Bushnell 3-10x40 Elite 3200 scope mounted in a Burris P.E.P.R mount.

I have 10 round magazines that I have used a dowel to block off so that it can only hold five rounds. I don't want to be out of compliance with the New York State DEC (lol).1ad26a9117193702e9fc06bf0360f2ff.jpg

Lancer makes a 5 round limiter flor plate for their 10 round L5AWM mags. It helps assure the follower and spring stay correct. Magpul makes one as well and those come in a three pack.

I'm considering a 350 Legend upper for next year.

• Like 1

Lancer makes a 5 round limiter flor plate for their 10 round L5AWM mags. It helps assure the follower and spring stay correct. Magpul makes one as well and those come in a three pack.

I'm considering a 350 Legend upper for next year.
Believe it or not, the dowel has worked flawlessly. It fits right in the middle of the magazine spring. I wrapped it in electrical tape. Simple solution for a stupid problem.

• Like 1