Back to school

REDNECK4LIFE32

Yep, my daughter started 8th grade in a new school district yesterday.   Went well as she already made new friends that she was texting last night.  My son took the semester off from college and is hoping to transfer to a new school in the spring (in NYC ugghhh).   My two step kids start today - 9th and 4th grade.   Unlike Tacks, I am moving backwards I think.   All good!

• Like 4

First day today here in Cicero.  Time goes incredibly fast.  My oldest is 8th grade(Jr High), and my youngest is 4th grade(last yr at elementary).  I remember when my oldest was born and my uncles telling me the "before you know it...." spiel, holy crap its not just old man talk, I'm now under 10 years and they'll be both out of school, and onto the next chapter, its surreal.

Edited by loworange88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Yep, my daughter started 8th grade in a new school district yesterday.   Went well as she already made new friends that she was texting last night.  My son took the semester off from college and is hoping to transfer to a new school in the spring (in NYC ugghhh).   My two step kids start today - 9th and 4th grade.   Unlike Tacks, I am moving backwards I think.   All good!

SENY/CT GTG brewing?

• Like 1

I'm 18 miles away from NYC (50 minutes on waze!) if he needs anything. What NYC dream is he chasing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, crappyice said:

I'm 18 miles away from NYC (50 minutes on waze!) if he needs anything. What NYC dream is he chasing?

I'm assuming Aaron Judge's replacement when he leaves to Cali in November

Back to school = back to work!!!

Dropped off my little girl at college and I cried like a baby but with pride and selfishness!

Twins are seniors. They both have visits set up for the fall for their respective sports while their seasons are underway:
Crew-Boston U, Cornell, Syracuse...we are holding off on Oregon!
Baseball- Holbart seems the best option of both a great school and program that likes him as a pitcher
Hard to imagine we are almost "done"

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Thank you!   He wants to be the next lead designer for Gucci or some other over priced designer.  Lol.  Wants to attend FIT.   I give him credit, his portfolio is impressive and he is an excellent artist.   Just not a field that I would pursue but if that’s his dream…..

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Dropped off my little girl at college and I cried like a baby but with pride and selfishness!

Twins are seniors. They both have visits set up for the fall for their respective sports while their seasons are underway:
Baseball- Holbart seems the best option of both a great school and program that likes him as a pitcher

Great options.   

Oldest son was alittle nervous going to big school. It'll be a big change with lockers and changing classes. I told just go with it have fun meet some new friends and listen to your teachers and learn. Told both boys today school comes before all other extra curricular activities. They understand. Youngest has travel team tryouts coming up on Sunday and next Sunday.

2 hours ago, loworange88 said:

First day today here in Cicero.  Time goes incredibly fast.  My oldest is 8th grade(Jr High), and my youngest is 4th grade(last yr at elementary).  I remember when my oldest was born and my uncles telling me the "before you know it...." spiel, holy crap its not just old man talk, I'm now under 10 years and they'll be both out of school, and onto the next chapter, its surreal.

I have a Cicero 4th grader as well ! Small world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Let’s go Hobart!!!!

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Thank you!   He wants to be the next lead designer for Gucci or some other over priced designer.  Lol.  Wants to attend FIT.   I give him credit, his portfolio is impressive and he is an excellent artist.   Just not a field that I would pursue but if that’s his dream…..

Tell J I said Hi!!! He will do just fine doing whatever he sets his mind to!!! He got to be quite the bass fisherman a few years ago!!! Learned all on his own too!!! Very intelligent, and personable, the sky is his limit!

• Like 2