Current Ammo Situation

ItalianHunter5

I shoot Federal 180 grain .308's and can not find them ANYWHERE. I only have 2 boxes left and have yet to sight in, I am going in a couple of weeks. We also inherited a .35 Marlin from my great uncle and we shoot Remington 200 grain out of it. One again we cannot find them anywhere. Is anyone else having trouble finding what they need or know what exactly is going on?

That's right jjb, I always look for the same exact bullets. Brand, grain, everything. We tested when we sighted in a couple years back, we shoot Winchester 180 grains out of our back up rifle 30-30. We got it to group, we tried this ammo that everyone told us about, Hornady LeverRevolutions. 3 inches high. Always stick to the same ammo if possible.

Two boxes of loaded rounds should be more than enough to get you sighted in and at LEAST 30 rounds to spare. 

The other gun, you have any other grain weights to choose from?  I'm not to versed in those brush bustin' loads.  Being a .35 Marlin (you mean a 35 Remington I assume as there is no such chambering as a 35 Marlin) I wouldn't think there'd be a run on them like an '06, 308, 270, 223 or The King 243 Winchester. 

As stated previously, where are you located?

Edited by Lawdwaz

I'm sorry I don't know why that posted 3 times, but we mostly want to get more because I only see the situation getting worse so we want to stock up.

So an on-line purchase should be your Huckleberry.  Let us know how many you score...................

Yeah buy all you can get even if you wont shoot them this season cuz you never know when youll see them again since the ammo situation is so bad......

This is the exact thought that has all the ammo flying off the shelves and into buried survivalist treasure troves everywhere!

Or maybe the gov't is hoarding it all!

http://www.americanh...t=14⊂=24&q=1

Some stores will only sell a maximum number of boxes of ammo to a given customer as many are hoarding the ammo . No doubt the hoarder's excuse is to make sure they will have enough when the Zombi Apocalypse occurs . The ammo will probably turn green before it ever gets used !

every gun will shoot different ammo differently......not too sure I would go by the the "one shot, simple mathematics" route...3 shot groups have always been the rule.

If you haven't figured out what ammo your gun likes by now, you most likely won't benefit from my way of sighting in.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

.300 savage is tough to find too.  Spotted some in a small local shop when my funds were low.  Have to get back there to see if they are still in stock.  Problem is they close at 6:00 and I am still working at that point.  And they are not by my house either - requires a special trip.

If I get there, I can see if they have those 200 grain 308's.  They are over in Rockland county.