ROCKY POINT UPDATE

AaronBlaine

interesting I just got back and just missed a shot on a nice sized doe.  I am having a hard time hauling my tree stand in I may stick to stalk hunting there after work.  You are def right about more movement at night time.  This was the first time I have seen anything and the first time I hunted the night.  Getting out is a pain in the rear however I made it work. I def have to try Otis pike try and find a good spot to go in if you can I would appreciate it. As far as I know the southern side of Otis pike does not require a check in station for the season after November.  Thanks for the reply guys I really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all... Been seeing a lot of signs. saw does and buck opening day. Hunting along rocky point road... Past whiskey rd. And FYI... SOMEONE is poaching deer around spots 4 & 5! Two weeks ago at spot 4 there was a gutted spike buck with his antlers cut. This week found another shot yearling doe at spot 5 just rotting. Listen up you mother F...ers. I've been recording times and plate #s at these spots now for a couple weeks. I gave the info and pics to DEC and a description of the truck who i think it is. Probably whos ever hard / ladder stand is back there off spot 4. If i find you doing that shit out there... You wont be able to walk your loser ass back in the woods to hunt again, let alone drive after I f-up that nice truck. Watch yourself! I know and now so does DEC.

Edited by marine97
  • Like 1

Hey all... Been seeing a lot of signs saw does and buck opening day. Hunting along rocky point road... Past whiskey rd. And FYI... SOMEONE is poaching deer around spots 4 & 5! Two weeks ago at spot 4 there was a gutted spike buck with his antlers cut. This week found anothet shot yearling doe at spot 5 just rotting. Listen up you mother F...ers. I've been recording times and plate #s at these spots now for a couple weeks. I gave the info and pics to DEC and a description of the truck who i think it is. Probably whos ever hard / ladder stand is back there off spot 4. If i find you doing that shit out there... You wont be able to walk your loser ass back in the woods to hunt again, let alone dive after I f-up that nice truck. Watch yourself! I know and now so does DEC.

Wow that is messed up. I hope it isn't anyone on this site.  Marine97 have you had much luck in Rocky point as of late?

I hunt out at Rocky Point and Otis Pike.  I have not been out there yet this year.  I always hunt mornings.  I'm just not willing to take a chance having to track a wounded deer in the dark, so I don't hunt afternoons.  I have seen does within range, but no bucks yet.  I will only take an 8pt or better with the bow.

Hey all... Been seeing a lot of signs. saw does and buck opening day. Hunting along rocky point road... Past whiskey rd. And FYI... SOMEONE is poaching deer around spots 4 & 5! Two weeks ago at spot 4 there was a gutted spike buck with his antlers cut. This week found another shot yearling doe at spot 5 just rotting. Listen up you mother F...ers. I've been recording times and plate #s at these spots now for a couple weeks. I gave the info and pics to DEC and a description of the truck who i think it is. Probably whos ever hard / ladder stand is back there off spot 4. If i find you doing that shit out there... You wont be able to walk your loser ass back in the woods to hunt again, let alone drive after I f-up that nice truck. Watch yourself! I know and now so does DEC.

You must have seen the deer i saw. pissed me and my friends off. I am out there for the meat, dont care for the antlers and doubt i will ever be chasing antlers, once i get a nice one up on my wall thats all i care about ONE.

if i can fill my freezer for the year and have a good time while doing it then thats cool.

found a button buck over at rocky point and called the DEC cause someone looked like they dragged it to the road and left it their.

was obviously taking with a bow from a treestand up close cause it was a very narrow shot. couldnt figure out why they would just leave it, DEC officer is spoke to said that it would have been an antlerless deer tag so its not like they would have waisted a buck tag on it if they thought it was a doe.

just pissed me off cause i been busting my ars to put deer in my freezer and cant even get a shot on one

I've been hunting that area for a few years now and one thing I've seen happen is a lot of bad shots on deer. I've found 3 dead deer with arrow holes. In poor spots.

I've also met a few guys coming out letting me know they found bubbles in the blood and lost a trail on a big deer.

Poachers are out there but let's not forget the reckless arrow slingers in camo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 2

hey marine you are talking about spot 4 I believe.  I have been doing a lot of hunting over there recently because its so close.  I was there with vince the other day and we came across the dead dead at parking lot 4.  Its disgusting as we are all working towards our first deer. We kill ourselves in the wood to try and bring one home and its been a very tough year to do so.  I don't know why guys will go in an poach an animal let alone why the  hell they would then dragg it all the way back to the parking lot only to leave it to rot?  I drive a silver s10 pickup truck so if you ever see me parked there feel free to come over and say hi.  All the guys I hunt with I met off this site and we are all out to hunt responsibly and ethically.  Maybe we can team up for a hunt?  I know about the permanent stand you are talking about with the ladder.  Its only a few yards off one of the bike trails.  I found it a while back.  PM me if you ever wanna team up for a hunt I believe we are doing sterling tomorrow upstate!