Any have a E-bike?

mowin

I've been thinking about getting one, but holy hell there's a ton of manufacturers and types out there. 

What do you have, and is it what you expected? Pros, cons.. 

I'd be looking for something that would be a dual light trail riding/hunting and some back road riding.  The dedicated hunting bikes are way more than I'm willing to pay.  

I had a folding china made E bike, as none of the hunting E bikes folded.

As you know they are expensive.

I wanted a folding model to fit in my van for storage and transport.

Even while folded, the thing took up a lot of space.

I ended up selling it and getting a dual drive 5,000 watt folding scooter that fit's in my van better, is faster, goes up hills, carry's more weight and was under $1,800 shipped.

Whatever brand you get make sure the motor drive gears are metal and not plastic and also make  sure the max weight is at least 50 pounds over your weight.

Get the most wattage you can get, as anything under 3,000 watts won't do much of anything to help you get up any type of hill or incline, especially when decked out for hunting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

I had a folding china made E bike, as none of the hunting E bikes folded.

As you know they are expensive.

I wanted a folding model to fit in my van for storage and transport.

Even while folded, the thing took up a lot of space.

I ended up selling it and getting a dual drive 5,000 watt folding scooter that fit's in my van better, is faster, goes up hills, carry's more weight and was under $1,800 shipped.

Whatever brand you get make sure the motor drive gears are metal and not plastic and also make  sure the max weight is at least 50 pounds over your weight.

Get the most wattage you can get, as anything under 3,000 watts won't do much of anything to help you get up any type of hill or incline, especially when decked out for hunting.

3000 watts? Most I'm seeing are 1000 or less.  

They need to be 750 watts to be able to use an E bike legally on state lands, as an E bike will be considered a motor vehicle if it is over a certain wattage.

The motor is only allowed to help, not fully power it. 

NY doesn't want crazy people on E bikes ruing the countryside like a plague of locusts.

Edited by Shoots100