Would you vote to make it legal?

Five Seasons

On 9/11/2022 at 8:49 AM, Four Seasons said:

Well first off if they tell you that they don’t know if cwd can affect man yet they tell you to fill your freezers with possibly tainted meat one should ask. 

They do know that at this time it has not made the jump and hasn't been found yet. There are records of tons of cwd positive deer being eaten without a problem.

The question I'd have for you as a denier. If I were to grind up the brain and spinal fluid of a positive deer and mix it with some ground, would you eat it?

22 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

Yes please feed your deer so I can shoot bigger bucks when they wander off your property. Lol

jokes aside, just to clarify. licks aren't "feed" but supplements used to potentially grow bigger racks through nutrients, but not necessarily grow the size of the deer. The obvious debate is that if done legally or illegally, it's a way to draw in a buck for a shot.

Licks were legal in Mississippi and I can promise you they aren't any silver bullet. I had one out for most of the season and it hardly ever got hit at all. 

Just now, Belo said:

You make some really good points. But CWD isn't a hoax man. I know you feel personally attacked here because of the attack on the captive cervid industry here. but there is not 60 years of proven fact that cwd doesn't exist. 

No there is 60 years of 100% real life fact that’s shows it has never caused any destruction of any herds anywhere at any time. And yes a hoax as to the white coats getting billions of dollars ever year to research something that has been around for 60 years, has caused no harm and has shown itself to be the same exact prion that sits in the sheep industry without any of the political bullshit spread that direction?  My business does not really have anything to do with the disease except that we find it first because we are the only ones tested for it. Kinda makes sense right?  Now tell me about EHD. A disease that has totally destroyed deer hunting in areas year after year and yet you don’t hear a peep?  People need to take off the blinders and look at the real world that is laid before them. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

They do know that at this time it has not made the jump and hasn't been found yet. There are records of tons of cwd positive deer being eaten without a problem.

The question I'd have for you as a denier. If I were to grind up the brain and spinal fluid of a positive deer and mix it with some ground, would you eat it?

jokes aside, just to clarify. licks aren't "feed" but supplements used to potentially grow bigger racks through nutrients, but not necessarily grow the size of the deer. The obvious debate is that if done legally or illegally, it's a way to draw in a buck for a shot.

Licks were legal in Mississippi and I can promise you they aren't any silver bullet. I had one out for most of the season and it hardly ever got hit at all. 

Of course I wouldn’t eat it. I also would not eat the nut’s from underneath any animal. That’s only common sense.  So your the believer that although it has not happened in 60 freaking years that we all need to run scared because it just might someday?  If that’s the case I would have to say you probably think Biden is doing a great job also. 

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

I really hope your not saying that there are not minerals out there that will help body condition and size of whitetail deer. 

17 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

No there is 60 years of 100% real life fact that’s shows it has never caused any destruction of any herds anywhere at any time. And yes a hoax as to the white coats getting billions of dollars ever year to research something that has been around for 60 years, has caused no harm and has shown itself to be the same exact prion that sits in the sheep industry without any of the political bullshit spread that direction?  My business does not really have anything to do with the disease except that we find it first because we are the only ones tested for it. Kinda makes sense right?  Now tell me about EHD. A disease that has totally destroyed deer hunting in areas year after year and yet you don’t hear a peep?  People need to take off the blinders and look at the real world that is laid before them. 

and that's not true at all. Wisconsin has tons of data showing herd impact. Are we going to start sourcing things or is this going to be a global warming fake kinda thing where we don't trust the science? 

For those not aware of your history, it's very important to note you incur expense and business risk from CWD, so you're clearly not impartial. 

I have no horse in the race as it's not an issue where I hunt (yet) and I don't make any money off selling deer. 

19 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Of course I wouldn’t eat it. I also would not eat the nut’s from underneath any animal. That’s only common sense.  So your the believer that although it has not happened in 60 freaking years that we all need to run scared because it just might someday?  If that’s the case I would have to say you probably think Biden is doing a great job also. 

Who said anything about nuts? I said brain and spinal fluid where the prion gathers. I'm not some idiot on CWD bud. And what has not happened in 60 years? My concern isn't the jump to humans, although that would pretty much mean an end to venison eating as we know it and terrifying, but the impact it would have on deer populations for which i like to hunt.

14 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

I really hope your not saying that there are not minerals out there that will help body condition and size of whitetail deer. 

generally speaking guys use mineral licks to grow bigger racks. You and I both know this, don't play dumb. 

Edited by Belo

1 hour ago, Belo said:

and that's not true at all. Wisconsin has tons of data showing herd impact. Are we going to start sourcing things or is this going to be a global warming fake kinda thing where we don't trust the science? 

For those not aware of your history, it's very important to note you incur expense and business risk from CWD, so you're clearly not impartial. 

I have no horse in the race as it's not an issue where I hunt (yet) and I don't make any money off selling deer. 

Lol. Now you have the floor. Do show us the herd destruction in the state of Wisconsin. And if your real frisky why don’t you include the rebound of the cwd positive herds in that state after that state killed 1000’s of untested animals. We will wait. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Who said anything about nuts? I said brain and spinal fluid where the prion gathers. I'm not some idiot on CWD bud. And what has not happened in 60 years? My concern isn't the jump to humans, although that would pretty much mean an end to venison eating as we know it and terrifying, but the impact it would have on deer populations for which i like to hunt.

generally speaking guys use mineral licks to grow bigger racks. You and I both know this, don't play dumb. 

Well they also like to tell you that the prions also may exist in deer piss. You going to bottle that you and have a few swigs?  You say your not an idiot on the subject then show your facts. I don’t want what some white coat idiot that is sucking millions and millions of dollars every year researching the same shit over and over again. You have 60 years of this hoax to work with now show the 100% real life destruction to animal or man that has happened at the 100% expense of cwd. And Go!

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Well they also like to tell you that the prions also may exist in deer piss. You going to bottle that you and have a few swigs?  You say your not an idiot on the subject then show your facts. I don’t want what some white coat idiot that is sucking millions and millions of dollars every year researching the same shit over and over again. You have 60 years of this hoax to work with now show the 100% real life destruction to animal or man that has happened at the 100% expense of cwd. And Go!

so just before I waste both of our time. You don't want any "white coat idiot" report? So I'm assuming if I link to any academic, state or federal study that you would refute that? Is there a source that isn't anecdotal that you would accept? 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Generally speaking… If you really had a clue. A whitetail won’t grow big antlers unless it’s body condition is 100% first. Regardless of any mineral or anything else. The mineral helps the body produce more blood flow to the antler hence bigger antlers. You talk like such a smart guy on here but you really don’t prove it. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

so just before I waste both of our time. You don't want any "white coat idiot" report? So I'm assuming if I link to any academic, state or federal study that you would refute that? Is there a source that isn't anecdotal that you would accept? 

Dude Joe Biden tells you he is doing a great job while he shoves shit up your ass. You going to get on here and run your mouth the throw the facts up. We live in the real world. Show the death!!!  I can show you EHD deaths by the 100’s. Show the carnage that you speak so highly of. You talking out your ass behind more unproven white coat crap. 

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Generally speaking… If you really had a clue. A whitetail won’t grow big antlers unless it’s body condition is 100% first. Regardless of any mineral or anything else. The mineral helps the body produce more blood flow to the antler hence bigger antlers. You talk like such a smart guy on here but you really don’t prove it. 

Are we not saying the same thing though? Do you supplement your penned in deer because big bodies sell or because big racks sell? If they need big bodies to grow big racks (and here we could have fun because I've seen some of the racks on some of the deer in pens vs what we all see in the wild) is the end result still not supplements for big racks? Even if big bodies come with it?

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

Are we not saying the same thing though? Do you supplement your penned in deer because big bodies sell or because big racks sell? If they need big bodies to grow big racks (and here we could have fun because I've seen some of the racks on some of the deer in pens vs what we all see in the wild) is the end result still not supplements for big racks? Even if big bodies come with it?

Supplements for healthy deer. A healthy deer with poor genetics is still only going to grow a certain size rack. There is a ton more to it then saying minerals are used to make big racks. Once again the big rack is shown to the consumer to push the product because it’s the antlers that push the industry. Wild or fenced. 

• Like 1

Im going with No, as too many people will push the limits. Pushing the limits into season, therefore  holding deer on their property longer than they normally would, bc its easier to dump a bag of goodies rather than put in the work. ( I hate Laziness) If people could be honest, and decent people.. Id say yea, I support it. January 15-aug31. Mineral only, Unless molasses.   

My opinions have nothing to do with CWD as deer eat vegetation that gets pissed and shat on by other deer, and lick branches that every deer in the herd licks as well.. 

Its a people thing, as it always is .. Every time.. 

• Like 1

I'd vote yes.  I'd also vote yes to baiting.  I see no difference in making a food plot, hunting over a apple tree, or a pile of corn.  Guy on the next property has feeders out in several places. I've talked to DEC and nothing has happened.  Making baiting legal would allow me to play the same game. 

3 hours ago, Belo said:

You make some really good points. But CWD isn't a hoax man. I know you feel personally attacked here because of the attack on the captive cervid industry here. but there is not 60 years of proven fact that cwd doesn't exist. 

Dude. The attack on my industry is proven by a farce every single day. By guys like you. That believe what you read. You sit here on a hunting site and talk shit about something and have no ammo to back it up but a government agency that has sucked billions and billions of dollars researching something that man himself made and actually has the same exact prion in the thing called Scrapies yet your hear crickets about that.  High fence hunting has grown and continues to grow in leaps and bounds and that’s their only way to try and stop something that they have no control over. None. We make our rules our seasons and all without having to use the government for help or leadership. Same shit different day. The day you can come on this site and show the real life destruction that so called disease has done then maybe someone will listen to you. Until then I hold the cards and a 60 year old disease that has not done Jack shit to animal or man. The facts still and have always remained that more deer are killed looking for CWD then ever thugs of being killed by CWD and fools like you believe the shit your handed while the government hands them another billion dollars for research. Like after 60 years they are going to find something. Amazes me that you even fall for that shit but again. You probably think Biden is doing the great job he says he is. 

11 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Weather or not Baiting becomes legal Tractor Supply will still run out of Deer Corn !  It's just interesting that it's for sale but you cannot use it .... LOL

th-415701356.jpg

The bigger the rack on the bag the more it will sell. And some still think that the bone does not push the hunting industry.  Amazing. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, skully said:

Alot of states feeding is legal...  In michigan they actually say if you shoot a deer " what did you catch him with, corn, carrots, sugarbeets, apples etc"

In Most of Michigan it's illegal to bait deer. Only legal in certain areas of the UP. 

3 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Dude Joe Biden tells you he is doing a great job while he shoves shit up your ass. You going to get on here and run your mouth the throw the facts up. We live in the real world. Show the death!!!  I can show you EHD deaths by the 100’s. Show the carnage that you speak so highly of. You talking out your ass behind more unproven white coat crap. 

what does joe biden have to do with CWD? I'm just asking if you will accept my university, state or federal literature as proof before I post it. If you say no, then I won't waste our time. If you say that you will, then I'll post it. Please don't bring Lets Go Brandon into this, it has nothing to do with US politics. 

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Dude. The attack on my industry is proven by a farce every single day. By guys like you. That believe what you read. You sit here on a hunting site and talk shit about something and have no ammo to back it up but a government agency that has sucked billions and billions of dollars researching something that man himself made and actually has the same exact prion in the thing called Scrapies yet your hear crickets about that.  High fence hunting has grown and continues to grow in leaps and bounds and that’s their only way to try and stop something that they have no control over. None. We make our rules our seasons and all without having to use the government for help or leadership. Same shit different day. The day you can come on this site and show the real life destruction that so called disease has done then maybe someone will listen to you. Until then I hold the cards and a 60 year old disease that has not done Jack shit to animal or man. The facts still and have always remained that more deer are killed looking for CWD then ever thugs of being killed by CWD and fools like you believe the shit your handed while the government hands them another billion dollars for research. Like after 60 years they are going to find something. Amazes me that you even fall for that shit but again. You probably think Biden is doing the great job he says he is. 

You know I've been on here a long time and I've never been your foe. You've made many. Many don't like or agree with what you do, yet I've never said a single thing about it. But now you're making me your enemy without me even attacking your business?

If you answer my question above, 3rd time i've asked. I'll give you all that you want. 

You know I've been on here a long time and I've never been your foe. You've made many. Many don't like or agree with what you do, yet I've never said a single thing about it. But now you're making me your enemy without me even attacking your business?
If you answer my question above, 3rd time i've asked. I'll give you all that you want. 

[mention=2761]Belo[/mention], I’d be interested in reading them.

@FourSeasons, when I talk about regulating mineral licks it is with regards to the general deer population. Your business is exempt and not applicable so there is no need for you to take offense. Grow those boys as big as you can and make that money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Belo said:

what does joe biden have to do with CWD? I'm just asking if you will accept my university, state or federal literature as proof before I post it. If you say no, then I won't waste our time. If you say that you will, then I'll post it. Please don't bring Lets Go Brandon into this, it has nothing to do with US politics. 

I want you to show me the dead deer that died from CWD. I can show you the dead deer from EHD. I don’t want more write ups of what if’s or could be’s by the same people that keep sucking the government for research money to keep researching the same things. I want you to tell me how the state of Wisconsin killed off all their zombie deer because a big bad disease yet the state herds rebounded to record numbers of animals in a couple short years. I want you to tell me how a positive Elk herd at Wind Cave became so over populated with animals that they cut the fence and used helicopters to scare the elk out into the wild herd……. Yes a disease that you say is so bad yet they willingly ran those Elk out into the wild herd to be killed by hunters and put in their freezers…You tell me that that’s a killer disease and that they think it could be givin to man?  I will read anything you put up that shows the 100% truths and real life facts of CWD killing numbers of animals.