Would you vote to make it legal?

Five Seasons

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

The high fenced industry you are involved with is not real world.. what percentage of hunters out there pay those big dollars to go shoot a pet.

Is a rack important to most of us yes… do we shoot deer for meat yes. Do my standards change as the season winds down sometimes.

But what you think of as the hunting industry is not reality for most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Research. High fence has been growing for years and years. I can’t make enough even to feed Ny’s demand hence the expansion under way moving to 300 head. If you are any kind of a deer Hunter be it high or low fence your part of the whitetail hunting industry and very few if any wake up at 4am without the thought and drive for most to kill the biggest buck in the woods. Your venison taco could be had at any time if the day on any number of the dumbest deer in the woods. There would be no drive. Can you imagine sitting in a tree day after day. Oh there is a nice flathead. Oh there is another nice flat head. Walk out of the woods empty handed because you did not want to burn your tag just to hear the alarm go off at 4am to go out and maybe see the same flatheads again?  Yup that would drive an industry. 

I think bait should not be legal on private land But i think dec should themselfs put bait out before the season on public land but not hunters just to give the guys who cant afford there own land a better chance of getting something . For what ever reason you will notice if you hunt on state land the deer instead of staying on state land will be next to the house across the road from public land eating the garden up. I guess they like the  plants near peoples  houses better then whats in the woods . 

Edited by phantom

2 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

I hope your not talking/thinking high fence when I say industry?  That is only part of the equation that just further strengthens my facts. The whitetail hunting industry across the country is driven by big bone. Period. You show me where I’m wrong. Show me all these high dollar products sold because I venison. Your totally freaking crazy if you think Whitetail hunting of today would even be a speck in antlered bucks of any kind disappeared or were takin off the table. Whitetail hunting would not even be spoke of. It would go by the way of pheasant and rabbit hunting. No bone and the game would be all but over. Hell a guy would sit in the woods two days fill his tags and go home. Done period over. No need for food plots, deer scents or anything else. It would be all but wiped off the map. 

good lord i'm not arguing with you and you're asking me to show you where you're wrong.

We all understand that by industry you mean the bow companies, outdoor tv, camo companies, etc. etc. etc. 

Research. High fence has been growing for years and years. I can’t make enough even to feed Ny’s demand hence the expansion under way moving to 300 head. If you are any kind of a deer Hunter be it high or low fence your part of the whitetail hunting industry and very few if any wake up at 4am without the thought and drive for most to kill the biggest buck in the woods. Your venison taco could be had at any time if the day on any number of the dumbest deer in the woods. There would be no drive. Can you imagine sitting in a tree day after day. Oh there is a nice flathead. Oh there is another nice flat head. Walk out of the woods empty handed because you did not want to burn your tag just to hear the alarm go off at 4am to go out and maybe see the same flatheads again?  Yup that would drive an industry. 

Now it's "very few"....I thought it was 99.9%!

And regarding the high fence hunters (which I don't have any regard for), 99.9% (or very few) actual hunters don't associate with them as real hunters. I would proudly display a spike or flathead (and I have in photos here) over a 170"+ napoleon complex buck from a high fence hunt. May as well just buy a mount from a yard sale!

• Like 3

And regarding the high fence hunters (which I don't have any regard for), 99.9% (or very few) actual hunters don't associate with them as real hunters. I would proudly display a spike or flathead (and I have in photos here) over a 170"+ napoleon complex buck from a high fence hunt. May as well just buy a mount from a yard sale!

Well most actually only wake up at 4am to shoot high fence deer nowadays.
  • Haha 1

Hahah that’s true high fence isn’t hunting it’s just playing slaughter house with guns

There are natural mineral licks..  the issue of concentration of deer to a lick would be off set as instead of one natural like on 1000 acres there will be one on every 5 acres...  so  deer would in fact be more spread out..  as for high fence  ive" hunted " in a couple after trying to get intrest started at an auction only to be stuck with said hunt myself.   They are not hunts but simply harvests..  one reason i dont think i could ever do a guided hunt myself... thats the part i enjoy..  i dont care for  there it is shoot it... 

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Your 3rd grade mentality is kicking in after a long day I see. Read a comprehend.  It says … Very few wake up…Without!  That’s your choice how and what you do but as you can see you are on the low end of the stick. High fence hunters could buy a spike buck and get the same amount of meat. You have had years to show how meat moves the hunting industry and failed and I will give you years more. When you find those pic’s of that venison cooking on hunting items you throw them up. 

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Hahah that’s true high fence isn’t hunting it’s just playing slaughter house with guns

So your saying if I put you on a high fenced operation with a pic of a buck and 3 days to kill said buck you could do it?

Edited by Four Seasons

You guys getting all butt hurt on this thread are basically trying to argue that everyone prefers their eggs scrambled or everyone prefers them fried.

We all like fucking eggs for breakfast and you can’t tell me the egg industry is only profitable because of scrambled eggs.

You can’t have absolutes when it comes to human nature. This thread is going in a big circle, you are not gonna change anyone’s mind.

Hunting season has started, I’d like to wake up to some pictures of dead deer and funny stories, not this endless back and forth!

• Like 5

So your saying if I put you on a high fenced operation with a pic of a buck and 3 days to kill said buck you could do it?

What I am saying is it’s not hunting, anyone doing it calling themselves a hunter is kidding themselves.

The fact that the industry is growing speaks to
The laziness and lack of work ethic in the younger generations. The need for instant gratification.

It is a industry that is degrading a deep rooted American tradition and it’s a shame.

• Like 1

You guys getting all butt hurt on this thread are basically trying to argue that everyone prefers their eggs scrambled or everyone prefers them fried.

We all like fucking eggs for breakfast and you can’t tell me the egg industry is only profitable because of scrambled eggs.

You can’t have absolutes when it comes to human nature. This thread is going in a big circle, you are not gonna change anyone’s mind.

Hunting season has started, I’d like to wake up to some pictures of dead deer and funny stories, not this endless back and forth!

Well said....I like that comparison.
But according to one, you too are absolutely wrong cause you are rational and thoughtful and capable of understanding varying points of view.

Your 3rd grade mentality is kicking in after a long day I see. Read a comprehend.  It says … Very few wake up…Without!  That’s your choice how and what you do but as you can see you are on the low end of the stick. High fence hunters could buy a spike buck and get the same amount of meat. You have had years to show how meat moves the hunting industry and failed and I will give you years more. When you find those pic’s of that venison cooking on hunting items you throw them up. 

Uh oh....I found the .01%
c9fcf259112d90ffdc3824c310868414.jpg
Hahahha!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chef said:

What I am saying is it’s not hunting, anyone doing it calling themselves a hunter is kidding themselves.

The fact that the industry is growing speaks to
The laziness and lack of work ethic in the younger generations. The need for instant gratification.

It is a industry that is degrading a deep rooted American tradition and it’s a shame.

So why don’t you let me put you in a pen and let you ‘Slaughter’ the biggest buck you will ever kill? Then we can have a conversation after you walk out in 3 days with only your sac in your hands. It’s that easy right?  And hate to burst your bubble but if you do a little research you will see that every size and walk of hunter enjoys the treasures inside fences. 

Edited by Four Seasons

So why don’t you let me put you in a pen and let you ‘Slaughter’ the biggest buck you will ever kill? Then we can have a conversation after you walk out in 3 days with only your sac in your hands. It’s that easy right?

If you’re supplying the pen I am 100% game to try

aren't there high fence operations that have 10,000 acres or more?  Obviously it would not be easy to pick one animal and kill it in 3 days.  Then there are others that are pretty small and intended to make the hunt a give me.  I guess it depends on the operation.   I am pretty sure, however, I could easily pay enough to ensure that i kill a booner but am much less likely to kill one on my 40 acres.

Anyways, I would be happy with a doe and a decent buck this year.  I happen to like both meat and antlers.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4

And then your willing to go public with pictures and a few questions at my choosing as to how hard and why you walk out empty handed? Or standing with your buck saying how easy it was with task completed. 

Size of pen as moog stated is a good question. Also is it one specific animal or just a deer over a certain amount of inches

i wont even do a guided hunt much less a high fence cause i would feel like its cheating.  Just isnt my idea of hunting.  I booked a guided pig hunt once in SC and cancelled it cause i just knew i wouldnt like it.  But i have enjoyed some hunts in the Dacks where i was lucky to see a deer.  Guess its all about perspective. 

• Like 1