Would you vote to make it legal?

Five Seasons

48 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yea that wall says it all about your hunting skills after an animal that distracted every year. You best stick to killing the babies. 

I average every other year on the babies, so seeing how I killed one in 2021, and another in 2022, I am trying to hold off until 2025 for my next one.  

I killed 3.5 year old bucks (two of which you say you’d have taken if certain conditions were met) on 4 of the last 5 seasons.  I assume you liked the top one and three down the best.  

What about the 4th one down, if you got it before it broke two points off ?  I think it would have had a higher net B & C score, as a symmetric 8-point, than my 9-point from last year. It also had a slightly larger body. 

I see most of the deer you raise have “lots of junk” on their horns.  Do you not appreciate typical racks ?

Is it mostly about gross antler score for you and your customers ?

Just asking for general knowledge, having no dog in this hunt myself.  

It really is ALL about the meat for me.  Sometimes that meat comes with drag handles, and I like keeping the euros to remember the hunts.   That, larger average body size, and much less fat to trim, give me a slight preference of bucks over does.  

The bulk of the time I spent up till midnight last night was trimming doe-fat.  There is nothing worse than that waxy crap sticking to the roof of your mouth while you are trying to enjoy a taco.  

4B344820-8F4F-40AA-9470-4967317B849C.thumb.jpeg.0de4fe6e1dc720e045961a6044c87f2e.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, crappyice said:

See that I don't get. Wolc hunts how he likes and kills what he legally wants. To each their own no? And yet you have to make disparaging remarks about what he chooses to kill? (And @mowin "likes" it?)
He makes a decent point about killing tough matriarch does and the sophomoric behaviors of rutting bucks regardless of age or headgear. He chooses to hunt the deer on his properties which may not hold 130"+ deer and chooses not to chase them around the state....you somehow equate that to him lacking hunting skills? So silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowin is still mad at me because I don’t like .243’s as a deer rife (too much meat damage from them and that’s my primary concern).  Give me a big diameter, heavy bullet and I can still eat the chop that it passes thru sometimes.  I ain’t into grape jello.  

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

See that I don't get. Wolc hunts how he likes and kills what he legally wants. To each their own no? And yet you have to make disparaging remarks about what he chooses to kill? (And @mowin "likes" it?)
He makes a decent point about killing tough matriarch does and the sophomoric behaviors of rutting bucks regardless of age or headgear. He chooses to hunt the deer on his properties which may not hold 130"+ deer and chooses not to chase them around the state....you somehow equate that to him lacking hunting skills? So silly.

That's correct. I "liked" it. So what?  Well actually I laughed at it. 

Edited by mowin

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

When someone makes a totally false statement and has nothing to back up his bullshit then yes he should be called out. I don’t give two shits what he shoots but to make a statement like he did and then throw a wall up that looks like that and uses it as a representation of mature Whitetails.  Give me a break.  If your going to talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Wow! And there was a time - not too long ago when,I had a little too much pride- almost Haughty about my Turkey Hunting Skills.

But Four Seasons- you take the word Haughty up another Notch...

Please do tell.  You don’t see me throwing up totally bullshit statements and then show pictures of my kills. Where are my skills even brought up in this thread? Do Tell. 

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

I average every other year on the babies, so seeing how I killed one in 2021, and another in 2022, I am trying to hold off until 2025 for my next one.  

I killed 3.5 year old bucks (two of which you say you’d have taken if certain conditions were met) on 4 of the last 5 seasons.  I assume you liked the top one and three down the best.  

What about the 4th one down, if you got it before it broke two points off ?  I think it would have had a higher net B & C score, as a symmetric 8-point, than my 9-point from last year. It also had a slightly larger body. 

I see most of the deer you raise have “lots of junk” on their horns.  Do you not appreciate typical racks ?

Is it mostly about gross antler score for you and your customers ?

Just asking for general knowledge, having no dog in this hunt myself.  

It really is ALL about the meat for me.  Sometimes that meat comes with drag handles, and I like keeping the euros to remember the hunts.   That, larger average body size, and much less fat to trim, give me a slight preference of bucks over does.  

The bulk of the time I spent up till midnight last night was trimming doe-fat.  There is nothing worse than that waxy crap sticking to the roof of your mouth while you are trying to enjoy a taco.  

4B344820-8F4F-40AA-9470-4967317B849C.thumb.jpeg.0de4fe6e1dc720e045961a6044c87f2e.jpeg

Your statement has nothing to do with my business and if you were able to kill two mature bucks a year then your..A mature buck is easier to kill statement might hold water. Obviously your age and your harvests show the totally opposite. And your so full of shit on the meat bullshit because obviously when you finally do kill a buck with big antlers… in your mind…. You have to post it on every thread on this site. Talk about a deer that gave a guy a woody. Again my point and fact. Antlers are the driver in most and I mean most hunters. They all get the freakin meat regardless of what they shoot. That’s not a tough one. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Mowin is still mad at me because I don’t like .243’s as a deer rife (too much meat damage from them and that’s my primary concern).  Give me a big diameter, heavy bullet and I can still eat the chop that it passes thru sometimes.  I ain’t into grape jello.  

Don't flatter yourself.  Mad? Hardly!!!

What's your experience with the .243 and deer hunting again? 

Chef you going to take the offer ? Just curios how it would turn out, not in favor of either side, but you could at least say u tried and would be able to speak from actuall exsprience 

Yes I will take the offer, I would like to know all the rules and what happens if I misidentified and shot the wrong deer. I would hate to cause a issue for someone

Your statement has nothing to do with my business and if you were able to kill two mature bucks a year then your..A mature buck is easier to kill statement might hold water. Obviously your age and your harvests show the totally opposite. And your so full of shit on the meat bullshit because obviously when you finally do kill a buck with big antlers… in your mind…. You have to post it on every thread on this site. Talk about a deer that gave a guy a woody. Again my point and fact. Antlers are the driver in most and I mean most hunters. They all get the freakin meat regardless of what they shoot. That’s not a tough one. 

Most? Not 99.9% so 51% nice!
Haha!

What was the BS statement? Matriarch does are hard to kill? Or even big bucks get stupid when they are rutting?

47 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yes I will take the offer, I would like to know all the rules and what happens if I misidentified and shot the wrong deer. I would hate to cause a issue for someone

You seriously make that statement when you are offered to hunt a deer one on one in an enclosed sanctuary?  That could end up being a big issue. My question to you would be if it’s so simple how could that statement even be made? I mean does the target not need to be identified before pulling the trigger? It’s. It like you are having a drive put on to you? You will sign a release before you step into the place with about half of it being bodies of lager water and so many swamps. You will sign and agree to be pictured/video and interviewed daily by any by anyone of our choosing as you leave the gate daily. If this is going to happen you will be the first pawn of all pawns that would most likely be used across the country. Even if you win the game. 

46 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Most? Not 99.9% so 51% nice!
Haha!

What was the BS statement? Matriarch does are hard to kill? Or even big bucks get stupid when they are rutting?

No doubt there are some smart ladies but to say that a mature doe is harder to kill then a mature buck across the board is just stupid. And then to throw that wall up. Oh My. 

5 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

You seriously make that statement when you are offered to hunt a deer one on one in an enclosed sanctuary?  That could end up being a big issue. My question to you would be if it’s so simple how could that statement even be made? I mean does the target not need to be identified before pulling the trigger? It’s. It like you are having a drive put on to you? You will sign a release before you step into the place with about half of it being bodies of lager water and so many swamps. You will sign and agree to be pictured/video and interviewed daily by any by anyone of our choosing as you leave the gate daily. If this is going to happen you will be the first pawn of all pawns that would most likely be used across the country. Even if you win the game. 

Like I said in a previous post.  Repercussions are needed.  Otherwise why not walk in shoot the first slammer, that you admit he's going to see, and walk out of there saying how easy it was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Can Chef target a mature doe in your pen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Negative. There are some pretty high dollar ladies in there kicking out some beauties. These are not stocked deer with big yellow tags in their ears. These deer are born and bred inside the enclosure and use the water better then any duck around. They know that area better then any man. 

10 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Come on four seasons he said yes , and the statement he made is not outrageous , wants to know specific rules so would I hes never hunted in this type of venue obviously hay what if i make a mistake what then is a normal question ... like i said to chef he talked the talk and excepted your challange . I would think this could be learning foe everyone involved neither should go into as me vs you...

5 minutes ago, mowin said:

Like I said in a previous post.  Repercussions are needed.  Otherwise why not walk in shoot the first slammer, that you admit he's going to see, and walk out of there saying how easy it was. 

I made the deal with him for a one on one because of how easy he thinks it really is. He will see 300inch Whitetails  but they won’t look anything like the trail cam pics of the buck he will be hunting. Not even remotely close. 

i wouldnt think he would be hunting a trophy, i would guess theres some deer you would want taken out win win set the parameters of is ok and what is not if he screws up then yes repercussions, its obviously not a normal hunt since he would see 300in deer. And seeing such a deer  which is not a reality in any private or public woods in NY or pretty much anywhere other then high fenced...

1 minute ago, land 1 said:

Come on four seasons he said yes , and the statement he made is not outrageous , wants to know specific rules so would I hes never hunted in this type of venue obviously hay what if i make a mistake what then is a normal question ... like i said to chef he talked the talk and excepted your challange . I would think this could be learning foe everyone involved neither should go into as me vs you...

Learning?  He will know exactly what buck he is hunting?  He will be in there by himself…I hope your not saying that he would not/could not identify said buck before pulling the trigger?  I hope he has better prowess then that. There are bucks in there from 100inches up to 300 plus. He would not even be targeting more the. 3/4 of the deer that are in there.  Hunters are with guides 100% of the time and they make the decision on which animal to harvest most times on the spot. A guy might come in looking for a 180 typical and pull the trigger on the first 200 nontypical that they encounter. Every Hunt is different. He will be setting his sites on one of the  cull bucks that will still be the biggest he would probably ever harvest in this state but also with that one of the smartest in there also. They know every island in there every beaver bog, you name it. They also know they are not anywhere near the top of the pecking order so at times that keeps them out of areas where some of the larger bucks may hang out. 

No way am I saying that he can honestly confuse 110 inch deer with any thing above say 130 even thats high... Ok specific deer or specific parameters of what the deer must be say 8 pt that 120 or less... that being said if its a specfic deer that deer better have some stand alone  feature thats are very visable  100in 8pt would be pretty hard to tell from any other avg 100in 8pt small tines basket rack. thats all im getting at. You siad in the post he would know "exactly what buck he would be targeting " leans toward only one target animal , then say he wouldnt  be targeting  3/4 of the deer in there, meaning 25% are shooters. Just curious....

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Don't flatter yourself.  Mad? Hardly!!!

What's your experience with the .243 and deer hunting again? 

I butchered a doe fawn and a 2.5 year old buck that were both shot by a neighbor with a .243.  The fawn was shot thru the lungs and the buck was shot in the hip and the shoulder blade.  The fawn produced about 20 pounds of useable meat and so did the buck.

I have hit adult deer in the shoulder blade many times with shotgun slugs and lost very little meat in comparison to what that .243 did to that buck’s front end.  I also hit one in the hip once with a 12 ga sabot and lost very little meat in comparison.  

If you can limit yourself to broadside lung shots at deer, then a .243 is adequate.  Ask g-man what he thinks of folks using .243’s for deer, when it comes to recovery percentage.  

I was very thankful that this incident occurred while I was contemplating buying a .243.  That was more than enough to take it off my list.  First hand experience carries a lot more weight with me that internet heresay.  The only way that I would use a .243 for deer is if someone had one pointed at me, and I had no better choice.  

14 minutes ago, land 1 said:

No way am I saying that he can honestly confuse 110 inch deer with any thing above say 130 even thats high... Ok specific deer or specific parameters of what the deer must be say 8 pt that 120 or less... that being said if its a specfic deer that deer better have some stand alone  feature thats are very visable  100in 8pt would be pretty hard to tell from any other avg 100in 8pt small tines basket rack. thats all im getting at. You siad in the post he would know "exactly what buck he would be targeting " leans toward only one target animal , then say he wouldnt  be targeting  3/4 of the deer in there, meaning 25% are shooters. Just curious....

His target would be very easy to tell rack wise. Maybe 25% would be in that size category but I would guess even less. Again he is in a fence remember?  Maybe I could paint ball it for him to help him out.. If I could lay eyes on him.  I’m not going island swimming  looking for him.   Should be pretty easy when at the end of the day they can’t just disappear. 

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

His target would be very easy to tell rack wise. Maybe 25% would be in that size category but I would guess even less. Again he is in a fence remember?  Maybe I could paint ball it for him to help him out.. If I could lay eyes on him.  I’m not going island swimming  looking for him.   Should be pretty easy when at the end of the day they can’t just disappear. 

OK one deer very identifiable rack ,,,, no reason for the sacrasim there guy....im just hoping this happens to get chefs view after actually trying it ...