Would you vote to make it legal?

Five Seasons

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Does chef need to pack a lunch or are meals included ?  It sounds like he might be a fussy eater.

How much time are you giving him inside the fence to complete the mission ?

Can he keep any of the meat or the antlers if he succeeds ?

This hunt will be so easy that Chef will be Cheffing tenderloins for breakfast on the blackstone within the first hour, no lunch needed. 

100%
No seasons and no tags to protect livestock. I was amazed how bold coyotes were when I had cows dropping calves when I had a beef herd. Shot every one (of the coyotes, not the cows)

Correct but does a bear getting in a 600 plus acre pen justify killing it or does it need to be actively damaging the livestock ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

To sum this up, FSW is pointing out that killing one specific buck in 3 days in a 680 acre high fenced preserve would be hard, especially given the nature of the preserve with lots of cover and inaccessible islands.  That seems rational.  Heck that could be a tough task even if you had a full season to get that one buck.   Since its a cull buck (I think FSW mentioned that), it would probably already be dead if it was easily patterned too so it  seems this one buck may not be an easy target.   He didn't say seeing any big buck roaming that preserve and killing it would be hard - big difference.

He also acknowledges that high fence facilities can make it very easy on clients - I am sure that is true.  They want big bucks killed or no one would return.   

I am sure everyone would agree that just killing any ole big buck in a high fence facility catering to big bucks would be easier than most open range private or public lands.   If not, why pay for the right to hunt such lands.

And some say that killing any buck in fenced land is of no interest to them.  I am sure that is true too.  Its all personal preference.

So in the end, what is the argument?  Maybe I missed something.  lol  Lots of pages here.

And I am guessing the hunt is not going to actually take place.

Oh and to answer the original question, I could care less whether minerals were made legal or not.

You're missing the most important parts:

Dates: When is this challenge happening?

Odds: When does vegas release the odds, and prop bets for this? 

For example, what are the odds FSW's pen gets EHD? Chef's boots are coming from EHD ground. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BizCT said:

You're missing the most important parts:

Dates: When is this challenge happening?

Odds: When does vegas release the odds, and prop bets for this? 

For example, what are the odds FSW's pen gets EHD? Chef's boots are coming from EHD ground. 

Always good to have a second set of eyes to point out the mistakes.   Thanks Biz!

• Like 1

I thought it was an offer not a contest. I thought four seasons just wanted to show chef how hard it was to hunt a pen.

I think chef is going to do it to prove how right he is. 

I personally think its going to be harder than he thinks but still look forward to hearing about his experience. It great he has this chance. He will enjoy it. 

When is it going to happen?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paula said:

I thought it was an offer not a contest. I thought four seasons just wanted to show chef how hard it was to hunt a pen.

I think chef is going to do it to prove how right he is. 

I personally think its going to be harder than he thinks but still look forward to hearing about his experience. It great he has this chance. He will enjoy it. 

When is it going to happen?

It’s not, it was all just a joke.  This is what happens in the brief lull between actual deer hunting in NY.  Four Seasons would probably eat a plate full of high-fence button buck balls before he let chef on his ranch.  I bet their livers would be even more tender if he nutted them. 

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

It’s not, it was all just a joke.  This is what happens in the brief lull between actual deer hunting in NY.  Four Seasons would probably eat a plate full of high-fence button buck balls before he let chef on his ranch.  I bet their livers would be even more tender if he nutted them. 

Why don’t we let you take his place. You cut the check ahead of time just in case one of those 3 month olds with buttons already showing walks out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Both have drawn the line in the sand. 

I do think FS's offer is legit and sincere, and willing to have chef try for the target buck.

I'm not as confident chef will step over the line and man up. 

I hope he does. I also hope he has a fantastic time wether or not he takes the target buck.  I think a lot of us would be interested in his experience. 

Question for you FS.. will chef be on his own, or will you or someone be there to semi gide him? 

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Lol you guys are a bunch of saps if you think either of these two guys will follow through on this charade.  

IF either one backs out, they will definitely take some flack. 

More so FS as it's obvious most on here are not keen on that type of hunting, but chef opened his trap, and was called out.  Ball is in chefs court.  I predict chef will back out, or just stop responding. 

20 minutes ago, mowin said:

IF either one backs out, they will definitely take some flack. 

More so FS as it's obvious most on here are not keen on that type of hunting, but chef opened his trap, and was called out.  Ball is in chefs court.  I predict chef will back out, or just stop responding. 

I will step in for chef, for a day during early NZ ML this year, so long as FSW let’s me use his .243, when he’s holding my cash, and if the cost for the bb comes in at under $250.  He’s only 22 minutes from where I will be staying that week.  I will stick with broadside lung shots on either buck.  Those are my terms and I’m sticking to them.  

I’ll take out his “cull” big buck, and/or let him designate which 3-month old I can take home with me for “camp meat”.  I’ll leave both sets of nuts if he wants them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mowin said:

Both have drawn the line in the sand. 

I do think FS's offer is legit and sincere, and willing to have chef try for the target buck.

I'm not as confident chef will step over the line and man up. 

I hope he does. I also hope he has a fantastic time wether or not he takes the target buck.  I think a lot of us would be interested in his experience. 

Question for you FS.. will chef be on his own, or will you or someone be there to semi gide him? 

After hearing him say a few times that he was afraid that he might shoot the wrong deer I have to admit we are a little apprehensive about the whole thing. Of course if it’s that simple and all with it being in a pen maybe he should put some skin in the game to prove how simple it really is.     Funny how there are a lot of other mouthpieces on here talking about him yet they didn’t have the nads to step up to the plate. That says everything. 

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Funny how there are a lot of other mouthpieces on here talking about him yet they didn’t have the nads to step up to the plate. That says everything. 

What plate? Taking a few days off from our fair chase season we wait all year for to doink around in your pen looking for a buck you provide a picture of? Ok...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What plate? Taking a few days off from our fair chase season we wait all year for to doink around in your pen looking for a buck you provide a picture of? Ok...

Yup. All those ‘it’s so easy’ guys like to run the trap yet never have the nad’s to step up to the plate. I don’t care how good of a Hunter people think they are. You can’t kill what you can’t see. We have to go to extremes at times to remove some of the misfits in the preserve. And that’s the small one. There is a 1500 acre preserve that we have to bring friend and family in during the off seasons to hunt and remove excess. A lot of people like to yap about things they are totally clueless to.   And yes. Your analogy is just another excuse for those people to use. 

@Four Seasons Would it be legal for you to place GPS collars on your deer like PSU and MSU have done? It would be cool to have the deer tagged and have the hunter also be tracked with GPS and then see how they move around one another during the hunt. It could even be shared live so we can all watch real time. Although that would mean the hunter wouldn't be able to carry a means for those of us watching to communicate with him to tip him off.