Trespassers on my land & deer stands

Landowner

i found a stand in my woods some years ago. but....

the guy was still in it. he had the nerve to say the land owner said he could hunt there.

well i said ( wile pulling out my 357 ) '' i dont recall ever saying that''.....

'' because, you see, I am the land owner, and your in MY stand ''!

its a realy nice stand, must of cost him $90 bucks.

i have realy enjoyed that stand over the years.

I one time seen that someone was using my stand he had a 5 gallon bucket in it for a seat. I took the bucket out of it then I left a surprise in it. Need I not say he probably did not use the bucket again. He never came back to my stand.

Landowner

• Like 1

i found a stand in my woods some years ago. but....

the guy was still in it. he had the nerve to say the land owner said he could hunt there.

well i said ( wile pulling out my 357 ) '' i dont recall ever saying that''.....

'' because, you see, I am the land owner, and your in MY stand ''!

its a realy nice stand, must of cost him $90 bucks.

i have realy enjoyed that stand over the years.

i had a guy walk up to my pick up truck that was parked on my property, in the pitch black, wearing camo, carring a rifle in his hands. i got out of my truck and asked him what he was doing here, and he turns arounds and goes what are you doing here. then he tells me he owns this land and that i should leave. meanwhile he just walked past a POSTED sign with my name on it. after all this he doesnt believe that the name on the sign is my name so i show him my drivers license. he realized he was screwed so tryed being nice about it, and turns to me and says well are we going in, its getting light out. i told him your not going anywhere near my property and if you dont leave i will call the authorites. he begged a little but then finally gave up and went home. i couldnt believe wat an a** this guy was.

A few years ago I had this a hole trying to hunt the power line that is on my land. He said he was going to hunt Orange County property. He had the nerve to say for me to get a tax map to show him that the land is in fact mine. I now keep copies of that on hane at all time. Just today my friend cought someone tring to hunt the power line property. My friend told him that I own the land. They left. My friend is a very big guy.

It was my life long dream to own property, so every hunting season comes and I spend more time patroling it than hunting it. I kind of like it now its like a game for me.

I could tell so many stories about a holes trying to hunt my land.

What is your favorite story?

I owe him one.

If I find a find a tree stand up on my property that a trespasser put up, I now own it. I HOPE they come looking for it so I can call the authorities. I'm amazed at the patience of some of you guys. I'm not being critical as I know we're all different, but I don't care if it's the first offense, I'm calling the police and pressing charges. My property is well posted, anybody trespassing is doing so with full knowledge they're there illegally.

You know if we go pulling our .357's on any person we might see on our land, then sooner or later you will get some low-life retaliating by pulling the bolts and pins from our tree stand in hopes that we break our necks.  I don't like trespassers just like everyone else, but there is a way to confront them, especially if it's the first time you see this person and pulling a gun on him is surely NOT the right way in my opinion.

• Like 1

One my friends had his trail cam stolen a couple weeks ago off of our land, I'm guessing it caught someone trespassing.  I've been posting the CRAP out of our property the last few years, but it's hard when you've got 1000+ acres, especially some in some very very rough territory to cover. We border Renselearville State Forest, and that's where I've devoted the majority of my time to posting.  I can't tell you how many people I've kicked off over the years.  No respect.

We've had people in orange shot at in the 90's, but the state land has become less and less popular over the years to the point where it's almost consistently empty on the weekends after opening day of gun.  Haven't seen one car parked on it yet during bow.  And we're out in the middle of BFE for christ sake, can't imagine how bad it is for some of you guys further south towards the city.

One my friends had his trail cam stolen a couple weeks ago off of our land, I'm guessing it caught someone trespassing.  I've been posting the CRAP out of our property the last few years, but it's hard when you've got 1000+ acres, especially some in some very very rough territory to cover. We border Renselearville State Forest, and that's where I've devoted the majority of my time to posting.  I can't tell you how many people I've kicked off over the years.  No respect.

We've had people in orange shot at in the 90's, but the state land has become less and less popular over the years to the point where it's almost consistently empty on the weekends after opening day of gun.  Haven't seen one car parked on it yet during bow.  And we're out in the middle of BFE for christ sake, can't imagine how bad it is for some of you guys further south towards the city.

One thing that can help (wherever possible) is to establish an ATV trail around the perimeter or as close to it as possible. There is something about fresh ATV tracks that lends credibilty to the "patrolled" part of the -posted and patrolled- language on your posted signs. I've found that most potential trespassers get a bit nervous when they realize that the landowner actually does patrol his property or I should say that this tactic has significantly cut the incidents of trespassing on my property. The beauty of is that today with the electric ATV's, they can't even be sure that there will be a audible warning that you're coming.

The trail also provides help in accessing the posted line for sign repairs and replacements.

Doc

Found a stand on our posted property...very nice ladder stand. i didn't want our stands stolen so I took his down...after I cut his lock....left all the parts at the base of the tree and put on a note to call me if he wanted his rachet straps back...couldn't have him setting it back up the day he found it. It has been in a pile for the last 3 weeks. If the guy was planning on using it for opening morning of gun....boy is he in for a surprise ;D

I don't know whats funnier?  The way people try to tell landowners that they don't really own the property or the way the landowners make them look like a holes.  LOL.  I know I will probably have to deal with a couple come gun season.  Been lucky enough to not find a treestand on the property I hunt yet but they have been there in the past. 

Found a stand on our posted property...very nice ladder stand. i didn't want our stands stolen so I took his down...after I cut his lock....left all the parts at the base of the tree and put on a note to call me if he wanted his rachet straps back...couldn't have him setting it back up the day he found it. It has been in a pile for the last 3 weeks. If the guy was planning on using it for opening morning of gun....boy is he in for a surprise ;D

I guess you don't want to share all those "150" class bucks you see.  ;)