Got it done this afternoon, boys!!!

Hoss315er

I am Happy, happy, happy!!!!

Took a walk around scouting after my morning hunt today. Found 2 spots I wanted to hunt; a creek bottom and a ridge top. Went back this afternoon with my climber strapped to my back and headed for the ridge.

Shortly before 6pm., I spotted a deer far off through the woods; maybe 100yds away. It was heading north along the ridge and I noticed it was a buck. I was east of him and pulled out my bleat can and gave it a turn. He stopped briefly and began walking again. Pulled out the grunt tube and gave it a couple hits. He stopped but my view was obscured.

I stood ready for several minutes scanning for any movement. Was he still out there? Then, I heard the soft crunching of leaves. He had swunf wide and was coming in down wind. There was a Tulip tree adjacent my stand and the leaves blocked his approach.

When he cleared the Tulip tree, he was right in front of me at about 15yds. I just remember thinking, "he's a shooter." I began to draw and trouble arose. My lighted nock pulled out of the arrow shaft. WTF!

I got the knock back in and he was stopped, quartering away. I prayed the nock would stay inserted as I drew back on him. Just as I anchored, he began to walk again. Only a few steps before stopping again. Practice paid off as I saw an opening through the branches and thought I could thread it through.

The Magnus Buzzcut made a complete pass thru and stuck in the ground; lighted nock still in place. He took off running and made it 40-50yds and stopped. It is now that I am hoping that I made a solid shot. Then, his back rump dropped slightly. Was he going to go down?

That's just what happened. He got weak in the knees and woobled, then hit the ground. He was done. Just as it started to rain.

Once I remembered how to use my phone(my hands went numb), I started calling friends and family. And my cousin, I was going to need help loading him up.

post-1151-0-00458900-1382244049_thumb.jp

post-1151-0-30756200-1382244113_thumb.jp

Edited by Hoss315er
  • Like 18

by any chance are you using nockturnals????   if so i've had the same issue with carbon express maxima hunters and nockturnals..  had to dab a drop a crazy glue on em just enough so you could break em loose if you wanted to but just enough to keep them from comin off on the string... gonna be looking for an alternative next year...   congratz again!