Got my first Buck.. A Catskill Buck, with my bow!

Dorsilfin

Well Saturday evening was quite exciting for me.  Hunting 3A in the catskills which is a very very sparce region with one of the lowest harvest rates in all of Newyork.

Around 5:45 I was sitting at a crossroads coming off of a rock ledge and the lower areas by the esopus river.  2 does came walking through and then I saw him.. and told myself there is no way this is happening an 8 pointer is rolling in behind the girls.

I wait for the girls to pass, I stand up and wait for him to come in.  He puts his head down to sniff or something and I draw back.. he walks a few more steps probably 20 yards tops and gives me a perfect broadside.

Arrow was through and through right into the heart.  He lept and took a few steps.  Wobbled and fell over..  game over.

So I successfully got my First buck, and to that affect a Catskill buck =)

Im quite pleased with how things turned out.

9GD85gN.jpg

ea5OQTx.jpg

Spent the afternoon today quartering him up, and getting him into the fridge.  I will finish the butchering and cleaning up the meat before freezing them away.

Spoke with a taxidermist and will be having him shoulder mounted since hes my first buck and bow kill and I could not be happier with the outcome.

-Dors

• Like 14