Remington Model Seven .308???

I just purchased a Remington Model Seven .308.  The gun was made in 1994.  I bought it from a lady I work with and she claims it has been shot twice and never been hunted with, the gun is emmaculant.  Anyone have one of these rifles and what do you think of them.  The only reason I bought is I thought the price was good.

It's a great deer rifle for NY.  How much did it cost you?

From all I've read the general consensus is that it is a great gun but I probably won't hunt much with it since I have a pre-64 model 70 Winchester that like and I am quite partial to.  The gun came with a new sling, hard gun case, two boxes of ammo and a 4x simmons scope(I'm a leupold guy so this will have to go)!  I paid $250 for everything.

What did you do, take advantage of some poor widow..??.. :( ....

Great deal.. I have a buddy with a Model 7 in 7mm08 and he loves it...

With that short barrel they are a little on the LOUD side, tho.... :O .....

The .308 ( or anything based on the .308 casing) performs real well in a shorter barrel, as opposed to some of the bigger overbore  cases ( the 25-06 and 7MM Mags come to mind) which really need a 24" barrel or longer to perform up to thier true potential....

• 4 weeks later...