Looking for TV service

First-light

8 hours ago, mowin said:

Been with dish network for over 20 yrs. Never had them triple the price. Yes they have gone up a few times, but no huge jumps. 

Does Dish Network have MSG yet? We dumped them years ago only because we couldn't watch hockey on MSG and it didn't seem like they were ever going to make a deal to get that channel back. Would consider switching back if they have MSG back.

59 minutes ago, JJJWNY said:

Does Dish Network have MSG yet? We dumped them years ago only because we couldn't watch hockey on MSG and it didn't seem like they were ever going to make a deal to get that channel back. Would consider switching back if they have MSG back.

Yes they do. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BizCT said:

You guys mean directtv when you say “dish”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good question. Brother watches rangers on Dish network. He said watch the price increases. We had Optimum on the Island. Last time I signed up got a price lock for life. Got all the service I wanted as described above for 128/month. 

Id find an app that will work for you. Dish and or Directv is too costly for us.. Pay for the apps/channels that youll use and be more satisfied. Our spectrum internet pkg comes with most basic channels and pay monthly for a couple extra apps. 

We tried Dish and directr at camp in Avoca and they always raise the bill after each year, nearly double..  Smart Tv or a roku of some sort is all you need. Just need wifi 

48 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Id find an app that will work for you. Dish and or Directv is too costly for us.. Pay for the apps/channels that youll use and be more satisfied. Our spectrum internet pkg comes with most basic channels and pay monthly for a couple extra apps. 

We tried Dish and directr at camp in Avoca and they always raise the bill after each year, nearly double..  Smart Tv or a roku of some sort is all you need. Just need wifi 

I had Verizon Fios in NY. But here in CT it's only spectrum or Directtv. I have the dish, but besides NFL package I dont have much use for directtv. Spectrum is great because we have internet and no cable boxes. So for any tv you just need an outlet then watch tv through spectrum app. It's great for outside, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, BizCT said:

oh wow. didn't know that still existed.

Either one should be available in most areas. My cousin has direct TV in his bar/butcher shop.  Aside from the guide and channel numbers being different from dish network, I think they are fairly equal.  

23 minutes ago, BizCT said:

I had Verizon Fios in NY. But here in CT it's only spectrum or Directtv. I have the dish, but besides NFL package I dont have much use for directtv. Spectrum is great because we have internet and no cable boxes. So for any tv you just need an outlet then watch tv through spectrum app. It's great for outside, etc.

IT really is, I mean they aren't the best service as mine is hit or miss somedays but overall, I have no complaints. The price hasnt changed much over the few years weve had it. Plus you call and they work with you. 

Free basic channels with a simple app download. Hard to beat that. Wifi and basic tv for a little over $100 per month. I only watch a select few channels so my needs are met.. others may disagree.. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...