Why so much Whisker Biscuit hate?

TeeBugg

Few forums ive been on and heard alot of shoptalk lately about people hating on the biscuit...Any answers as to why? Its a simple, effective, accurate rest. I use em but have yet to hear an actual good response to why people hate on them...and ive heard a boatload. Enlighten me!

It's not the rest that people hate on, its the people that seem to think its a superior rest to others on the market.

You're right, it is a simple rest. But they have their disadvantages. The problem comes with those that can't admit to that fact and make excuses as to its cons.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

works great on my hunting bows and also my 3D and spot bows. I had a bow shop for years and yes I had to have a drop a way ( DAW) rest at first and found them to be a pain to tune on some bows and like the WB as a kiss rest

(keep it simple stupid )

I do find the WB rest can make more noise and yes it does reduce your bow speed by 2 or 3 fps. But it nothing to stop the positive points of this rest. Not like a DAW rest and the pull up strings gets broken going thru brush, you find the problem as a 8 point buck walks under your stand. Had a customer come in the shop and ask me to take that damp hot new DAW rest off his bow and put the old faith full back on the WB.

• Like 1

It's not the rest that people hate on, its the people that seem to think its a superior rest to others on the market.

You're right, it is a simple rest. But they have their disadvantages. The problem comes with those that can't admit to that fact and make excuses as to its cons.

You have it wrong, the people that hate on them are generally the drop away fan boys. Im not saying everyone that uses a drop away, I mean the people that buy into a certain brand or type of item and then blindly bash anything else, usually with having no experience with said item. Its like the guys that hate on every brand of bow that they dont shoot.

As far as the rest goes, Its simple, accurate, and it works. The "quiet" thing is nonsense. Stand 3 or 4 feet away from someone drawing with a WB, you wont hear anything. The only reason the shooter might hear anything is because the arrow and bow are right next to their ear. My bow sounds loud to me when I shoot it, but stand back a few feet and its pretty damn quiet. Same thing.

• Like 2

You have it wrong, the people that hate on them are generally the drop away fan boys. Im not saying everyone that uses a drop away, I mean the people that buy into a certain brand or type of item and then blindly bash anything else, usually with having no experience with said item. Its like the guys that hate on every brand of bow that they dont shoot.

As far as the rest goes, Its simple, accurate, and it works. The "quiet" thing is nonsense. Stand 3 or 4 feet away from someone drawing with a WB, you wont hear anything. The only reason the shooter might hear anything is because the arrow and bow are right next to their ear. My bow sounds loud to me when I shoot it, but stand back a few feet and its pretty damn quiet. Same thing.

Blah blah blah, generalizations. Just here alone, you have a lot of guys that have used both, preferring one over the other. Where is your basis on these unfounded facts? You yourself use the magical fluid to "quiet" down the rest. Now all of a sudden its not "noisy"? Please.

Blah blah blah, generalizations. Just here alone, you have a lot of guys that have used both, preferring one over the other. Where is your basis on these unfounded facts? You yourself use the magical fluid to "quiet" down the rest. Now all of a sudden its not "noisy"? Please.

I recently switched to a qad hdx and like it much more than my whisker biscuit because my accuracy has greatly improved. One thing is that the drop aways are a pain to get 100% tuned and everything but once they are I have faith in it.

Im gonna chime in...mine is not noisey at all and i shoot aluminums.

I have to agree with you on this. I know alot of folks bash the biscuit and have never even used one. If its not the latest and greatest than its garbage. Had a guy tell me that the 90's were over...time to throw out the biscuit and vhs and cassettes lol

• Like 1

Why the hate you ask?

Its simple and you will get the same type response when asking about Scent eliminator spray, scents, type of arrows, broadheads ect ect ect.

Because if one guy uses one type of what ever, he thinks everyone should do the same even if it doesn't matter one way or another. Does it make sense? Heck no, its just the way it is.

• Like 2

This is the only reason I use a WB. Got sick of arrows falling off the rest. I dunno how you guys without a WB deal with it.

This is why I will stick with my WB.  It holds the arrow nice and secure and works well.  All the new toys won't help much, practice and comfort with your bow is much more important on new toys for your bow.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Shawn, but I've used both. Both work. I prefer the drop and I'm not a "fan boy". It's basically Chevy vs Ford. I stated my reasons before why I prefer the drop. I have no hate against the wb user.

Btw, how do you hear your bow from several feet away? Jk jk ;)

• Like 1

This is the only reason I use a WB. Got sick of arrows falling off the rest. I dunno how you guys without a WB deal with it.

Check out a trophy ridge and some other drops. They contain the arrow. It cannot fall out and it cannot be lodged in the biscuit either.

Edited by Belo

I had a trophy ridge drop away and loved it. When I upgraded to a new bow I was talked into a WB. Well I like it just as much as my drop away even better. accuracy is great quiet and the arrow never falls off. I don't even think about my rest I know it is going to work every time. One less moving part and easy to tune.

• Like 4