Why so much Whisker Biscuit hate?

TeeBugg

Blah blah blah, generalizations. Just here alone, you have a lot of guys that have used both, preferring one over the other. Where is your basis on these unfounded facts? You yourself use the magical fluid to "quiet" down the rest. Now all of a sudden its not "noisy"? Please.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I use the spray to avoid any wetness/freezing issues in cold weather. I dont have issues with noise even when I havent sprayed it for a long time. What "unfounded facts" are you talking about.

If youre not a "fan boy" then why would anything I said offend you in any way? I wasnt talking about you, of course, unless the shoe fits.

Please Shawn, enlighten me about archery equipment with your vast knowledge gained over years of experience. LMAO

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Shawn, but I've used both. Both work. I prefer the drop and I'm not a "fan boy". It's basically Chevy vs Ford. I stated my reasons before why I prefer the drop. I have no hate against the wb user.

Btw, how do you hear your bow from several feet away? Jk jk ;)

Simple, Ive had others shoot it.

I didnt call you a fanboy, so my comments dont apply to you.

Check out a trophy ridge and some other drops. They contain the arrow. It cannot fall out and it cannot be lodged in the biscuit either.

Belo, you are saying lodged in the biscuit like its a typical thing that happens. It doesnt. Its about as typical as a drop away's string breaking. Can it happen? Yes. Will it if you are paying attention to what you are doing? No. When you draw the bow back would it become dislodged? Absolutely. Would it make as much of a difference as a drop away malfunctioning in some way? No, it wouldnt.

I use the spray to avoid any wetness/freezing issues in cold weather. I dont have issues with noise even when I havent sprayed it for a long time. What "unfounded facts" are you talking about.

If youre not a "fan boy" then why would anything I said offend you in any way? I wasnt talking about you, of course, unless the shoe fits.

Please Shawn, enlighten me about archery equipment with your vast knowledge gained over years of experience. LMAO

Your attempt at making a fact from your generalization is a joke. Your attempt at belittling others about lack of years is the same train of thought from some Internet bully that goes by post count. Coming from someone of your position on this forum is even more of a joke.

I'm not a "fan boy" of any particular rest or bow, but you sure make it out to seem that way. You are the one that makes it out like the WB is the end-all to all arrow rests. Like I said, it's not the rest that I have the issue with, it's usually the ignorance of some users of such rest. Simple works for some, but not for all. I've shot from both, and find that I enjoy shooting a drop more.

Your attempt at making a fact from your generalization is a joke. Your attempt at belittling others about lack of years is the same train of thought from some Internet bully that goes by post count. Coming from someone of your position on this forum is even more of a joke.

I'm not a "fan boy" of any particular rest or bow, but you sure make it out to seem that way. You are the one that makes it out like the WB is the end-all to all arrow rests. Like I said, it's not the rest that I have the issue with, it's usually the ignorance of some users of such rest. Simple works for some, but not for all. I've shot from both, and find that I enjoy shooting a drop more.

I didnt make anything out to be any way, you got butt hurt over my disagreeing with you. Sorry Charlie. Like I said, if you arent a fan boy, there was no reason to take exception to what I said.

Again, what generalizations am I trying to make into facts? Answer the question or zip it.

• Like 1

I didnt make anything out to be any way, you got butt hurt over my disagreeing with you. Sorry Charlie. Like I said, if you arent a fan boy, there was no reason to take exception to what I said.

Again, what generalizations am I trying to make into facts? Answer the question or zip it.

Keep making those generalizations, soon you'll believe them to be fact.

I love using the wb. I use to always think it' was a little loud when I was drawing back but like wny said the now is right up against your face that's why it's loud to the person drawing it back. I put a piece of mole skin on the bottom of the rest where the arrow sits it works great you won't hear anything when you draw your bow back

I have a whisker bisquit and will always have one! I can shoot 50yds all day long as accurate as everyone that i know that has a drop away.  I have killed all sorts of deer with a biscuit.  They work great and you never have to worry about dropping an arrow off the rest.

Edited by njg0621
  • Like 4

I have a whisker bisquit and will always have one! I can shoot 50yds all day long as accurate as everyone that i know that has a drop away.  I have killed all sorts of deer with a biscuit.  They work great and you never have to worry about dropping an arrow off the rest.

I'm with you. Never had a problem with the WB.   Used it over the last 6 seasons with much success.

Belo, you are saying lodged in the biscuit like its a typical thing that happens. It doesnt. Its about as typical as a drop away's string breaking. Can it happen? Yes. Will it if you are paying attention to what you are doing? No. When you draw the bow back would it become dislodged? Absolutely. Would it make as much of a difference as a drop away malfunctioning in some way? No, it wouldnt.

Total agreement. Just pointing out pros and cons. Up to the viewer to choose what's important and what to buy.

Glad I don't have to spray my drop when it gets cold.

If you're a good shot, you're a good shot. Regardless of your rest.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

It's getting so you have to look a the poster and just skip some of the ranting posts - I could never live with the idea that I need to argue every point...exhausting!

Agreed.  Everything becomes a debate here.  Just state your own preferences and experiences and share your thoughts.  

I like the WB for all the same reasons that others mentioned. Just say, I have never shot with a DAR but my buddy does. Many times when practicing, he begins to pick up his bow to draw and realizes he forgot to "load" his rest...that alone is enough for me to stick with the simple WB

• Like 2