Why so much Whisker Biscuit hate?

TeeBugg

I like the WB for all the same reasons that others mentioned. Just say, I have never shot with a DAR but my buddy does. Many times when practicing, he begins to pick up his bow to draw and realizes he forgot to "load" his rest...that alone is enough for me to stick with the simple WB

What do you mean he has to "load" his rest?  Never heard this before.  My preference is a drop away.  Why because I just do and could care less what anyone else uses especially if they are happy with it and have good results.  Lifes to short to banter over a arrow rest. 

• Like 1

It's not the rest that people hate on, its the people that seem to think its a superior rest to others on the market.

You're right, it is a simple rest. But they have their disadvantages. The problem comes with those that can't admit to that fact and make excuses as to its cons.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

drop aways have disadvantages also. Simple is always better

Five score years ago hunting was unified by its simple purity.  But 100 years later, we are not unified.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the rest on their bow but rather the accuracy of their shot.

I have a dream today...I have a dream that one day crossbow hunters and traditional bow hunters can hunt together in every valley, hill, and mountain.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning.  "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.  AR or brown is down?  Who gives a damn?  Because we are all hunters.  United under one art, one sport, one tradition."

Free at last, free at last, Great God a-mighty, We are free at last.

• Like 3

Actually, I am happy that hunting still draws out he passions of people that still have enough interest to hold an opinion on some of the hot-button issues of our time. That demonstrates that hunting is still a deeply personal and invested activity. When you can get 3 pages of discussion about something as simple as a bow rest, it shows me that the sport of bowhunting is still alive and well and bowhunters are truly "involved". No, I don't think that we can all agree on every aspect of hunting. And I really don't believe that we should ever expect to do so.

Great God a-mighty, thank heavens for opinion and free expression of those opinions .... lol.

• Like 1

Five score years ago hunting was unified by its simple purity. But 100 years later, we are not unified.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the rest on their bow but rather the accuracy of their shot.

I have a dream today...I have a dream that one day crossbow hunters and traditional bow hunters can hunt together in every valley, hill, and mountain.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning. "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. AR or brown is down? Who gives a damn? Because we are all hunters. United under one art, one sport, one tradition."

Free at last, free at last, Great God a-mighty, We are free at last.

Careful Elmo...we all know what happened to that guy!

• Like 1

I had a biscuit on my last two bows and put one on my girlfriends.  They worked/work great, only reason I switched to a QAD drop away was that I got a high grade bow and wanted to get the most accuracy and speed out of it.  With a zero friction drop away I don't have to worry about drag on my arrow and it wont slow my arrow.

Teebugg.. u really know how to get people going with your questions. I have always used the wb and have always killed deer with it. For me that's enough reason to like it!!

Just a simple question was all. Wasnt meant to turn into a fired up argument....which has nothing to do with the original question. Been seeing alot of that lately...

Some folks don't like the WB because there is contact with the shaft and it slows down the arrow . A big "2 to 3 fps" ...... wow , big deal ! You wouldn't even notice that .

Something I found that helped when I used a WB was putting Armor All on the length of the shaft . It also helped when pulling arrows out of a 3-D target .

• Like 1

I like oranges. You guys all should like oranges too. Apples are clearly inferior. Any one who likes apples must be out of their mind! Oranges are taste the best. No, you cannot have your own opinion. Must like what I like because what I like is obviously much better that the other options. Those who think they have successfully ate an apple and actually liked it must be lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 1

the only reason I don't like the WB is I hate the thought of any contact with my fletching, that's it, nothing more, even if they shoot great like I hear, or are quiet, or any of the other "good" reasons, the thought of fletching contact is a no no for me, nothing more nothing less......................ohhh and I hate apples elmo

• Like 1

I like oranges. You guys all should like oranges too. Apples are clearly inferior. Any one who likes apples must be out of their mind! Oranges are taste the best. No, you cannot have your own opinion. Must like what I like because what I like is obviously much better that the other options. Those who think they have successfully ate an apple and actually liked it must be lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

will the deer eat the oranges if I pile them near my stand though? because they tend to eat the apples I pile there... B)

• Like 1

I am curious for those who got their panties in a bunch in this thread... have any of you actually tried the opposing rest or just going off on speculation?

Like I said I went from a WB to a Fuse Drop Away that has containment.  I liked the WB, but with the new drop aways you get the benefits of a clean arrow release and a WB.  

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

My bow had a biscuit on it when I got it. This is my first year so I don’t really have enough experience to know any different.  I have shot my friends drop away and it was fine.  The only advantage I might could point to is if you are shooting a radical angle the biscuit will keep your arrow contained but I’m not sure if you should even be taking shots from those severe of angles.  But like I said I’m ignorant to a lot of this.  When I go shoot with my friend I’m pretty much as accurate with my biscuit as he is with his drop away.  If anything I think it would just be a matter of personal preference.  In my case it seems to work fine so I’m gonna leave it alone.   I don’t mind replacing the fletchings if they get in bad shape.  Hell since I’ve started shooting back at the beginning of covid I’ve probably bought and lost a dozen arrows everything costs money.  Just like when I change my guitar strings about twice a year it’s 30 to 40 bucks each time.  I’m happy to spend the money on something I enjoy.    So for all the haters out there I’m just gonna say this .  Let   People Enjoy Things!