Why so much Whisker Biscuit hate?

TeeBugg

This thread is a who's who of former members!

No hate from me I've used the biscuit. I think it has zero downside. I do think you have to be careful when you tune with them because they will "correct" nock point issues that should be fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whose that burmjohn character?!? He sounds familiar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Before I bought the new bow over the weekend a friend of mine let me use his bow which had a Whisker Biscuit on it and I simply did not like the way the arrows loaded into the thing. I was supposed to get the Whisker Biscuit with the new bow but got the drop away rest instead. I was offered to keep my Muzzy Zero Effect arrow rest and kinda half wish I had now.

IMG_1377 (2).JPG

No hate from me I've used the biscuit. I think it has zero downside. I do think you have to be careful when you tune with them because they will "correct" nock point issues that should be fixed

Get your fingers off my biscuits!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Hey mods, Is there any way to cross reference the wound rate from the other  posts for these two rest types?

:popcorn1:
DAR have the highest wound and unsuccessful recovery rate. WB for the win!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

11 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

My carbon icon came with a 3 prong whisker biscuit.  One of the prongs always wore out quicker and it ended up throwing off the shot. Switched to a QAD drop away and no issue other than felt having to be replaced. 

I dont think that was a biscuit they dont have prongs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

back when we argued over hunting (mostly) and not other things.

sigh

18 hours ago, DirtyMike said:

My bow had a biscuit on it when I got it. This is my first year so I don’t really have enough experience to know any different.  I have shot my friends drop away and it was fine.  The only advantage I might could point to is if you are shooting a radical angle the biscuit will keep your arrow contained but I’m not sure if you should even be taking shots from those severe of angles.  But like I said I’m ignorant to a lot of this.  When I go shoot with my friend I’m pretty much as accurate with my biscuit as he is with his drop away.  If anything I think it would just be a matter of personal preference.  In my case it seems to work fine so I’m gonna leave it alone.   I don’t mind replacing the fletchings if they get in bad shape.  Hell since I’ve started shooting back at the beginning of covid I’ve probably bought and lost a dozen arrows everything costs money.  Just like when I change my guitar strings about twice a year it’s 30 to 40 bucks each time.  I’m happy to spend the money on something I enjoy.    So for all the haters out there I’m just gonna say this .  Let   People Enjoy Things! 

the angle issue is a good positive for the biscuit. Also it's one less mechanical thing to fail.

a con sometimes mentioned that never happened to me while I shot a biscuit is that the whiskers can have water condense on them and freeze.