Going out and sit til noon today

nybuckboy

2 spikes and 6 does this morning.  Spikes were interested in the does but not crazy.  One of them started rubbing tree nearby which was fun to watch.  The big 6 I was after broke off his right antler so I was bummed to see that.  Deer are active for sure.

Kicked a 3 up on the way to stand and kicked the same 3 up again on way back out. Think it's the same 3 does I've seen before. Saw nothing while on stand. Not going to deter me though cause I know it's just a matter of time.

Guys always ask me how I kill so many bucks? Follow the Doe they will bring them in for you. Even in years with little Buck sign, lack of rubs and scrapes, nothing on early cams etc... I always watch my Scrape line also (same one opens same spot for 30yrs plus) when it opens up its go time sit on as long and as much as you can. I will be happy to sit and watch Doe after Doe, keeps you on your toes. As the 1st string of Doe come in you will see bucks you never seen before. I've hunted the same area for over 30 yrs and I learned along while back buck sign is just that buck sign, people pay way to much attention for buck sign. If you want a crack at the big boys watch the Girls, its the bucks goal to get the Doe. My goal is to get the big buck that's breeding those Doe. By watching the pattern of the Doe's it puts me on the bigger bucks faster.

• Like 3

Guys always ask me how I kill so many bucks? Follow the Doe they will bring them in for you. Even in years with little Buck sign, lack of rubs and scrapes, nothing on early cams etc... I always watch my Scrape line also (same one opens same spot for 30yrs plus) when it opens up its go time sit on as long and as much as you can. I will be happy to sit and watch Doe after Doe, keeps you on your toes. As the 1st string of Doe come in you will see bucks you never seen before. I've hunted the same area for over 30 yrs and I learned along while back buck sign is just that buck sign, people pay way to much attention for buck sign. If you want a crack at the big boys watch the Girls, its the bucks goal to get the Doe. My goal is to get the big buck that's breeding those Doe. By watching the pattern of the Doe's it puts me on the bigger bucks faster.

Screw the rest of the stuff!! This is exactly the way to do it. Always has been and always will be. When the girls get horny the boys will always be around. If you've got a lot of doe around you will eventually see the bucks and eventually the big bucks.

• Like 2

Screw the rest of the stuff!! This is exactly the way to do it. Always has been and always will be. When the girls get horny the boys will always be around. If you've got a lot of doe around you will eventually see the bucks and eventually the big bucks.

Thats what im hoping for! Tons of does so far but no real buck sightings....winds of change hopefully

gotta say though, there is a time to hunt the sign, and there is a time to follow the ladies !  

So many times a good group of doe have given me more luck than anything else except for tracking...  Funny but even when tracking the tracks of the bucks lead me to the doe, go figure...

Huntscreek said it right!  During, before and even sometimes after rut the girls are what give me my best chances at a mature buck...  If I can find them, I stay with them or key in on where they go, those big bucks know what they want and it is not another buck that is for sure!!!