Canadian Geese

heavuser

Just scanned through 30pages of content but didn't see my earlier post, so here's a quick rundown:

Cut the breast lengthwise so you have 2 big flat goose pancakes. 

Pound them out, then soak in a teriyaki / honey type marinade for a day.

Flame kiss them on the grill. Not long because they're thin and you don't want to overdue it.

Saute bacon that's been cut into smallish pieces.

Remove the bacon and saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in the bacon fat.

Cut a loaf of italian bread lengthwise, removing most of the interior to make a "boat".

Layer the mushrooms, onions, bacon, goose, and provolone cheese inside the boat. 

Put the top back on, and wrap the whole thing in foil.

Throw it in the oven on 375 for about 30 minutes. 

Unwrap and enjoy.

*The original recipe called for using some sort of spicy honey mustard on the bread before you layer, but I'm not big on mustard so I leave that out.

• Thanks 1

Breast out geese and  skin and save legs and thighs..There is as much on the legs/thighs as there is on the breast..

Place in crockpot  with sliced onions and a can of Italian style  stewed tomatos, plus some dry red wine...Cook all day on low...  

• Like 3

Soaking the breasts in brine is the first step and you're off to a good start. Be sure to change the water frequently. You want to get all of the blood out. Then take the breasts and place them in a crockpot. Add 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce and some water. Cook the breasts on low for 8 hours. Remove the breasts and make pulled goose sandwiches. You will be amazed at how tender and delicious it comes out.            valoroutdoors.com

• Like 2

Alright so I just cooked some.

Removed the meat from the brine, washed it with fresh water, patted it all down dry, removed the little silver skin that was left, pounded it out with a meat hammer, added steak seasoning, filled a cast iron pan with butter and fried the pounded fillet, cooked to medium rare. 

My first impression was ..... it isn't all that bad as I thought it was gna be. It almost reminds me of eating veal cutlets.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to making some of the dishes you guys posted. Thanks for that!

Just scanned through 30pages of content but didn't see my earlier post, so here's a quick rundown:
Cut the breast lengthwise so you have 2 big flat goose pancakes. 
Pound them out, then soak in a teriyaki / honey type marinade for a day.
Flame kiss them on the grill. Not long because they're thin and you don't want to overdue it.
Saute bacon that's been cut into smallish pieces.
Remove the bacon and saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in the bacon fat.
Cut a loaf of italian bread lengthwise, removing most of the interior to make a "boat".
Layer the mushrooms, onions, bacon, goose, and provolone cheese inside the boat. 
Put the top back on, and wrap the whole thing in foil.
Throw it in the oven on 375 for about 30 minutes. 
Unwrap and enjoy.
*The original recipe called for using some sort of spicy honey mustard on the bread before you layer, but I'm not big on mustard so I leave that out.

Goosey cheesesteaks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1