Son's 1st

ny_deer_hunter

I have not had time to post this, but thanks to a slow day at work on a Friday here it does. 

My son Brandon is 14 years old, and just like his old man has a passion for hunting.  Now I was divorced 10 years ago and he lives with his mother in Virginia.  It sucks but it is what it is. When he has time with me, we are all about the woods.  I have taught him well.  Fortunately he has family in the area that hunts as well.

This year, September 25th was just like any other day here in NY. Got to work, started doing my thing.  Then out of the blue, my phone rang.  "DAD! I got one!!"  The shaking and excitement in his voice made me laugh.  I listened to his story and it was like sitting around the table at deer camp.  All the things I have showed him,  the safety factor, the scouting paid off.  Long story short.  He got a doe at 85 yards with my old trusty .243.  I could have not been prouder,  wish I was there but at least I have a good picture!

post-1721-131455363945_thumb.jpg

That is so great! I'm divorced also, thankfully I have the kids close and take them to camp often. It seems from your post you have a real special relationship with him, the bond probably never felt stronger.

Congratulations to the proud father!

Way to go Brandon, keep it up!