Good tire for snow and mud

luberhill

13 minutes ago, left field said:

They may be too light, but I love my new Falken Wildpeak AT/Trail.

I have the AT3Ws.   They are wearing way better than any other tires I have used (still 50% tread after 25k miles), quiet and good traction in snow and rain.  Love em.   Dont do any real mudding so no idea there.

• Like 1

Another vote for Falken wild peak  AT3 ‘s.I have a 31 mile trip to work and I have to go in to plow , and driving  in at 1:30-2 in the morning on half plowed roads they have impressed me. As for mud I’ve been on some muddy tired up back roads and they did well . The AT3’s are snow rated with  the 3 peak rating . 
https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

Firestone transforce hands down best truck tire I've ever had . 2nd anything from Cooper tires 

Another vote for the Firestone Transforce. They are pricey but by far wear the best and are amazing in snow. On the farm all day and they last the longest. Ten ply never hurts either. Mastercraft makes some very good reasonably priced tires as well. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

Ive always had good luck with Goodyear SRA's  Two different sets of these and I got over 70k miles on each set.  The set I just bought this summer are Goodyear Frontier's... they seem to be equal to the SRA's.  I keep my vehicles in top shape... Replace any worn suspension part right away and pay attention to any abnormal tire wear.

they'll be a little noisy compared to all seasons. most of the time i've had on allseasons but when i did go AT tire i went with Cooper or Hancook. both had awesome grip when it was sloppy and me driving where i shouldn't have been. also wear and driving was good as most miles were 50 miles round trip to work mostly on thruway and highways.  

17 hours ago, Chef said:

Hankook Dinapro AT2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

i went places with my old Honda Ridgeline and those tires that no ahole should've gone in the snowy muddy winter conditions. i had a family farm and a reason to hunt up on the mountain though. thank god for the button that turned off traction control or it would've never let them eat and i would gotten stuck just by the system killing power to the wheels alone.

i went places with my old Honda Ridgeline and those tires that no ahole should've gone in the snowy muddy winter conditions. i had a family farm and a reason to hunt up on the mountain though. thank god for the button that turned off traction control or it would've never let them eat and i would gotten stuck just by the system killing power to the wheels alone.

Yea they are great tires I Remember coming home from a meeting a few years ago and the palisades parkway came to a standstill due to the snowstorm, I just the rest of the way home on the grass in the median in 10 inches of Snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1