What’s a decent 6.5 Creedmoor

luberhill

His issue , if he wants to hunt with it this year , maybe finding ammo . Some stores  are pulling it and while it’s online , they won’t ship to NY anymore . That would be my number one concern with a new caliber this close to the season . 

• Like 3

What Nomad said x2..

I bought a 6.5 a few weeks back. Didn't need it, but couldn't pass on the deal. But now I'm finding that reasonably priced ammo is hard to come by. I'll have to stick to hunting with other calibers for the time being.

With that said, a gun is a gun. Savage, Ruger, Mossberg, etc... all make fine options if your friend is budget minded. You should be able to find these in a 6.5 package with a decent scope for under $500.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Larry said:

I'm shooting a TC couldn't pass it up a Savage would be good to. as for ammo I load my own. I'm trying Barnes 120gr tipped this year gust trying to keep a head of the state for when they ban lead core bullets 

Been buying copper bullets lately for the same reason as well for all my calibers

I have a Tikka T3 stainless ultralight in 6.5 CR. Shoots very well, slightly less than 1 moa. I know some other folks with the same gun that get closer to .5 inch groups at 100 yards. Slightly stiff bolt but great other than that. Taking it to Wyoming in a couple of weeks. 

But there are a whole lot of other good 6.5's out there. Savage, Mossberg patriot, Bergara, and a bunch of others. A lot are cheaper than my Tikka and shoot essentially just as good.