Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

HunterSled

Hi everyone im richie botta and sled is a liar i sell 200+ hunts ayear i guess u cant please everyone lol what sled didnt tell you is that he booked a mule deer hunt with me last year with his group and they all tagged out this year he wanted a bigger buck so i recommended other hunts in eastern plains colorado , saskatchewan, and mexico he was never happy all he does is complain please everyone feel free to call me i have great hunts and can give 1000's of references! I gave him many options and have deer in the 180-190 range and he turned that down hunt is $5200 in Saskatchewan if anyone is interested you can speak to the outfitters directly when you book through me!!call me

at 914-606-0781. I SOLD OVER 200+ HUNTS LAST YEAR AND HAD 1 COMPLAINT GUESS I DID PRETTY GOOD

AND BTW SLED CAN STILL APPY THAT $2000 TO ANY HUNT HE SEE'S ON MY WEBSITE BUT WHAT HIS IS TRYING DO IS BE A PAIN

If you book so hunts why not just give him back his money and prove him wrong on how bad you are? Seems like that would be great FREE advertisement for you, because at this point I am sure none of us would book with you.

• Like 2

richbotta, on 02 Nov 2013 - 5:00 PM, said:richbotta, on 02 Nov 2013 - 5:00 PM, said:

DINSDALE I BOOK OVER 200 HUNTS A YEAR ONCE IN AWHILE YOU FIND A PAIN IN THE ASS WILL IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER IF I GET OVER 150 CLIENTS TO WRITE ABOUT HOW GREAT MY HUNTS WERE OR GIVE REFERNCES , WHAT A JOKE

And having been on more than a few "booked" hunts.....

I totally agree with you.

It cuts both ways.......bad clients and there are bad agents.

Personally I know the business runs on a slim margin; but I'd just send the money back and be done with it. This will just pop up over and over on a search and its cheap damage control. JMO.

And its not about making me feel better; many are in the business to get a free hunt here and there....it is what it is. Seperates the wheat from the chaff.

"I don't see the point in giving extra money to a booking agent / consultant, to find and book a hunt for you............all the info you need is readily available on the internet and you can have a look at and speak to the Outfitter's directly." 

Typically it costs you no different than booking direct. That is, the outfit pays a percentage to the agent for clients. Frankly if the outfit discounted or gave a better direct rate to a client that didin't use an agent....I would run from that outfit too. Any reputable agent will tell you exactly who the outfitter is and contact info; if they don't, I'd run from that agent too.

Agents can be handy when it comes to handling funds. This is especially true when there is a trophy fee based hunt where quota vs actual take is unknown AND the problem of carrying large sums of currency to settle a bill is problematic.

Another upside is that agents often get the discounted hunts first so a outfit doesn't have to run a booking service and can concentrate on their end....the hunt. Especially true when season is underway and spots are empty.

I have booked both direct and with highly reputable agents......you have to research both.....but both ways can work depending on the hunt and circumstances.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 1

DINSDALE I BOOK OVER 200 HUNTS A YEAR ONCE IN AWHILE YOU FIND A PAIN IN THE ASS WILL IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER IF I GET OVER 150 CLIENTS TO WRITE ABOUT HOW GREAT MY HUNTS WERE OR GIVE REFERNCES , WHAT A JOKE

MY CLIENTS ARE NOT HUNTING WITH ME THEY ARE HUNTING WITH MY OUTFITTERS THEY WILL TALK DIRECTLY TO THE OUTFITTERS.

Stop yelling !

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

I think Bubba is spot on. One joins yesterday the other today with back to back post.  My guess is same guy. Great publicity stunt that backfired.  All the mods got to do is track the ip address to find out.

Edited by wdswtr

The only thing worse than having an unhappy client badmouthing your business, is for you, as a "business man", to respond with a poorly written, childish response like the one above.....makes you look foolish, good job.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 3

What a crock man. I'll stick to hunting on my home turf. If I ever go West it will be a DIY on public land. Cheaper and more satisfying, hunting can be just as good too.

We do Montana River bottoms all on our own. Easy really, the ranchers get paid by the state for each guy who signs in the book at their gates. Camp out and sometimes motels near blm land.

My 2 friends are going again next week,I'll be here in NY....

• Like 1

I don't get hat feeling at all. I think Rich is just trying to put out fires at this point. It'd be kind of a dumb way to drum up business, IMO but WTH do I know............................................

My thoughts too. If this is some hair brained scheme where any press is good press these guys are idiots. If you buy a product off amazon with 1 star and it sucks; you should only blame yourself. Bad rep equals a drop in sales. A refund would increase this guys rep and he'd be better off on the long run.

Edited by Belo

Ok then logically explain how one gets on to bitch then the guy who is getting bitched about suddenly appears to defend himself. Who told him the guy was bitching. Then when callled on it they both vanish . I can not wait to hear this one

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

I've been on several guided and semi guided hunts. No reason to use a booking agent. Do your homework yourself and talk to outfitters and references directly. No need for a middle man.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

A GOOD booking agent can help you cut through a lot of the research, and often knows about ranches or properties that are not advertised on the internet. Guides or outfitters can rip you off just as quickly as a booking agent, even with good references and a solid reputation. Like buying anything from a stranger or even a friend, sometimes things just go bad.

I googled Rich's name, looks like HunterSled is not the first guy to complain about him.