Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

HunterSled

It all seems too coincedental to me. And besides, what "professional" would ever YELL when typing a response back.  Just to much like an amateur to me.  I know everyone here would check him out way before handing over any money. And with all the scams going on, and past problems, it seems he thought it was worth another try.

i have been in business over 12years and booked over 1000 hunts and had 1000's of happy clients and returning clients how much bad stuff do you read about me on the internet?? not mucg problem is when clients are happy they dont tell anyone or go on websites and talk about it. once in awhile you will have a clkient like this gentleman and i do hvae hunts in Colorado,montana,canada,Utah and many more area's for mule deer thanks Rich

i have been in business over 12years and booked over 1000 hunts and had 1000's of happy clients and returning clients how much bad stuff do you read about me on the internet?? not mucg problem is when clients are happy they dont tell anyone or go on websites and talk about it. once in awhile you will have a clkient like this gentleman and i do hvae hunts in Colorado,montana,canada,Utah and many more area's for mule deer thanks Rich

you should proofread before you post.........either way, I think your credibility is shot here, best to stop posting on this subject.

Edited by jjb4900

Stop advertising on this site. This will be your only warning.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Hello Everybody,

My name is Brad and I too was scammed by Rich Botta. I sent him a $4000 deposit in October of 2012 for a mule deer hunt that was supposed to take place in Craig Colorado in November of 2013. He asked that I overnight him the check because "hunts are selling fast". After he cashed my check I received very little correspondence from him despite my MANY MANY attempts. Five months after paying him he got me in touch with one outfitter that wouldn't even accommodate me because Rich Botta sent me. This outfitter despises Rich because he misrepresents his hunts, and refused to do any business with him. Besides the fact that the outfitter dislikes Rich, The hunt was nowhere close to what I was told I would be getting. Rich and I agreed to: 

5 day Hunt in Craig CO.

Land Owner Voucher Included

November Dates

1 Free Observer

1x1 Guide

160" Plus Deer

What Rich tried to provide was NONE of the above. I asked for a refund 6 weeks after him cashing the check (November 11, 2012) and to this day I have not received a refund or a hunt. He told me he would refund the money if I didn't get the police involved but he kept making excuses and never did. In September 2013 I went and pressed charges against him and filed a civil suit against him, our court date will be late this month.

I'm sure Rich will chime in and say how he books 200+ hunts per year and he has 1000's of references....Its all crap. Everybody please do yourself a favor and stay away from this man, I hope this message reaches anybody looking to book a hunt through an agent. I posted this to clear up any concerns about this being a publicity stunt.....it is not. Just another pissed of client of Rich Botta trying to warn others. If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to email me at:  [email protected]

• Like 1

Mac,

Just google "richs hunting adventures" and this thread is on like the second page of search results. If anybody has any questions about the validity of my post you can email me your phone number and ill call you to discuss.

Sled went on dozens of forums last week blasting about how he got screwed by rich. Being that I'm in the same boat as him, I've been googling and reading comments on his posts.

The way see this: I am assuming which I should not do but lets' say I agree with Huntersled did get a raw deal... just saying. But lets say that Botta was convincing in his side of the story.  Just because this post is here and is 4 pages long will persuade most everyone here from ever booking a hunt thru Botta. He would be better off refunding the $2000 and say hey sometimes things just don't work out.  I'm in business and the old saying "the customer is always right" is baloney.  "The customer is not always right".

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

While I am sorry for your loss of the deposit, I can say that I experience with Rich Hunting Adventures was a very good one. I too had made a deposit first and when the time of the hunt came I was contacted a couple of days ahead and everything turned out great. A good hunting experience at a very competitive price. Maybe you should try to contact him again or somehow resolve this matter couse in my opinion, Rich striked me as a good fellow. 

• Like 1