Mature 9 point

ATbuckhunter

I got this great 9 pointer on the edge of a white oak that was still dropping like crazy. I'm 100% positive that this is a mature buck. I know you guys hear this 100 times a season but i would appreciate if you could guess what the score is. I'm hoping ill get a shot at this buck soon. This is the biggest buck I got for this year so far. 

post-2496-0-80709500-1383531293_thumb.jp

post-2496-0-93490000-1383531314_thumb.jp

post-2496-0-36433400-1383531365_thumb.jp

post-2496-0-23727900-1383531435_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Thanks for the guesses guys. I was thinking 3.5 and around 110 as well. I was always told that a 3.5 year old was a mature deer belo, but I could be wrong. 

let me take a step back. In the wilderness a 3.5 is certainly hard to come by and harder to get a shot at. Most don't let 3.5's walk as between 3.5-5.5 they are growing their best racks and tend to be the most aggressive during breeding. I would consider a 3.5 to be a mature deer, but fully mature would be 4.

fwiw, this is all just shooting the bull. This deer is good to shoot in my book :) i guess it's just fun to discuss aging.

let me take a step back. In the wilderness a 3.5 is certainly hard to come by and harder to get a shot at. Most don't let 3.5's walk as between 3.5-5.5 they are growing their best racks and tend to be the most aggressive during breeding. I would consider a 3.5 to be a mature deer, but fully mature would be 4.

fwiw, this is all just shooting the bull. This deer is good to shoot in my book :) i guess it's just fun to discuss aging.

I would agree that a 4 year old is 100% fully mature while a 3.5 is quite 100& yet. I also find discussing how to tell the age of a deer is pretty interesting. After using Culvercreek hunt club I determined that he is about 80" and like some about 3.5. I have seen my fair share of 2 1/2 and this guy is bigger and is more muscularly developed. 

Edited by ATbuckhunter