Deer processing...western Wayne or Eastern Monroe

Duck_the_Dog

I am very familiar with Costanza's, their shop is about 3 minutes from my house! I love their sausage, but I'm looking for someone to do the actual skinning and de-boning. I can make sausage in my kitchen, but I don't have the space or equipment to do the actual processing.

Larry, thanks for the tip, hopefully I will need to call Charlie a few times this year :)

sent from somewhere out there....

Joe's Meat Market ---6845 North Slocum Road in Ontario NY ...315-524-8252

I have been doing my own for several years now .

There is a place on Haley Road Walworth / Ontario area but I would never go there again .

Also another guy that butchers deer on Walworth - Palmyra Road in the village of Walworth just South of the 4 corners .

Take it to Uncle Charlie's...he has the best hours. Been doing it for 40yrs. He prides himself on service and packaging the meat so that it is "wife friendly" (clean).

He caped out my 9pt this year and insisted it stay in his cooler until I lined up a taxidermist. Made his guys carry my buck so the shoulders/neck  would not drag and damage cape.

I don't remember any other deer processor shaking my hand.

Drive back to the shop and drop off around the back. Tell him & Casey NYHuntClub says hello if she is working.

1230 Harris rd.

Webster, NY

585-944-5446

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=537068659713738&set=a.157207071033234.41864.154187968001811&type=1&theater

Joes in ontario ive heard is great. Never been since we mostly do our own now.

are you kidding me? they don't bone and only take gun deer. enjoy your hair and bone chips? I didn't. stay far, far away.

It's probably a little farther then you want to drive, but smith's packing in marion. They have a cooler, they number and tag your deer, vacuum seal and give you everything back in a nice bankers box. all meat is labeled.

Edited by Belo

are you kidding me? they don't bone and only take gun deer. enjoy your hair and bone chips? I didn't. stay far, far away.

It's probably a little farther then you want to drive, but smith's packing in marion. They have a cooler, they number and tag your deer, vacuum seal and give you everything back in a nice bankers box. all meat is labeled.

As i said ive never been there but have never heard anything bad about them. Smiths in marion is a good one. We just got tired of paying for it and started doing our own.

It cost more, but the last time i used them years back you could request it be deboned.

maybe. regardless they don't take archery and I never felt comfortable. just my .02.

I don't think they open then becasue there just aren't enough deer taken with the during archery to justify it. Now, if they toss in corss bows maybe the count would be up where it is profitable...lol. Sorry had to.

• Like 1

Joe's does not take archery deer and when I was younger lived close to them and brought them a few deer - I was never overly impressed.

Smith's does do a lot of deer. I have brought a couple there. I would say they are average but they do a lot of deer.

By far I am a huge fan of Uncle Charlie's. Best hours in the business, great guy and staff and does an awesome job.

Larry is still there. I used to have permission to hunt a farm not too far from his place. I took one deer there and was not impressed AT ALL. I found another guy in the area who is much better, but now that I don't hunt down that way, I need someone closer.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I have some good ideas and look forward to getting my freezer stocked with venison!

sent from somewhere out there....

• 2 weeks later...

I too have had marginal luck and have started to do my archery deer. Since brauns retired in Macedon it's tough. I have taken mine to whitetail on Haley in walworth/Ontario - not bad ok overall. Most of these guys just aren't reliable and I get more meat doing my own. Wish there was someone like the Brauns around if anyone remembers them.

I too have had marginal luck and have started to do my archery deer. Since brauns retired in Macedon it's tough. I have taken mine to whitetail on Haley in walworth/Ontario - not bad ok overall. Nice people...

Most of these guys just aren't reliable and I get more meat doing my own. Wish there was someone like the Brauns around if anyone remembers them.