Deer with arrow in jaw - NJ

Steve7

but, there is also a change in the position/angle of the deer......that may cause a change in the angle of the arrow and how it appears.

I agree.  If you flip back and forth, watch the deer nose.  It's angled different in both pictures which would definitely change how much fletching you would see.

I'm still apprehensive, it could just be the angle of the sun/lighting.  However, it looks to me like these two pictures could possibly be different deer.  The deer on the right has what appears to be a faint double throat patch.  While the deer on the left appears not to have one.  As well as they seem to be slightly different color shades.  Who know's?  With out actually seeing it for myself, I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. 

Look at the right eye, its obviously the same deer.

This picture does remind me of my first buck taken in 1985. The buck had the leading 7 inches of an arrow. with arrowhead still attached and stuck in about the same place as the deer pictured, only higher up, almost obscuring the bucks vision. Unbelievable, but true. I was happy to put that buck down, although it was running with a pack of does and didn't seem to be bothered by the 6-7 inches of arrow stuck in front of its eyes.

This picture does remind me of my first buck taken in 1985. The buck had the leading 7 inches of an arrow. with arrowhead still attached and stuck in about the same place as the deer pictured, only higher up, almost obscuring the bucks vision. Unbelievable, but true. I was happy to put that buck down, although it was running with a pack of does and didn't seem to be bothered by the 6-7 inches of arrow stuck in front of its eyes.

From what I gather, you mean to say you found a buck that already had part of an arrow stuck in the head. If so, you did the right thing by taking that buck. Kudos to you.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Shawnhu, I was on stand opening day of shotgun in 9H. The buck was walking with does when I harvested it with my shotgun. The portion of arrow stuck through and just below eye level was quite noticeable at ten yards. It was nice 7 point to boot. I wasn't about to let the buck roam with an arrow in him the way it was, although he seemed to have little problem navigating. I'll never forget that day.

I think this pic is real, no reason to believe its not, everyone has a camera right in their pockets today and I have seen deer run by with arrows sticking out of all parts of them, in the neck, in the butt, threw the upper shoulders. Just a lousy shot with a caveman style broadhead and and old heavy slow aluminum shaft.

Im not much of a conspiracy theorist but I do find it suspicious that the arrow and fletching are in apparently perfect condition. I would expect it to have been broken off (especially aluminum) or at least the fletchings roughed up. Do they make those gag hats for deer that has the two parts connected by a wire headband?

Just saw this on the news. Terrible story that seems entirely true. The lady, although she said she is an animal lover, understands what is best for the animal and hopes a hunter can ethically put it down. Terrible that this is what makes the news and puts the spotlight on us hunters who are always ethical, except for the few scumbags.

As I sad earlier, It does not look real, Why is the arrow so straight.And as for the ancient broadhead and low poundage bow, That is how we got it done years ago with Long bows and Recurves.I have seen and had to put down deer that were shot with rifles hit in the nose also.Long story but true.

About ten years ago (or more) my brother was hunting on the edge of state land opening morning of rifle. He had a deer come in just before light and noticed it was acting strange. It would bed down, get back up, bed down, etc... Finally legal shootng hours came and he saw it was a spike and it just kept acting weird so he made the decision to put it down. Come to find out it was shot in the jaw, probably by a .22. There was no exit wound and its jaw was broken and teeth knocked out on the left side. That poor thing was hurtin'.

There is no blood at all,no stain on the deers fur at all....I agree the one eye is a bit puffy.But if that deer was real do you think it would come back out in the open like that?or stay clear of people and any kind of noise.i just don't think this is real....One thing for sure is it makes us all look bad!!!!

Just saw this on cbs news. They got the arrow out after tranquilizing her. Hooray! They showed the arrow too. Not fake but it had me wondering....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw that report too Dnkydog. Both the deer (complete with scars) and the arrow looked real enough to me.  Glad they got it taken care of but sure not good press for hunting.  They didn't play that card during the report but...