Real tired ....

growalot

Something needs to happen ........ I have not seen a deer during daylight since Oct 16

I could not imagine. Been tough here since the warm up. Last deer seen was the 8 pt. Monday morn., I shot at, which I believe jumped the bow string on me. Nice frosty morning.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Of the wind this year...windy this morning...picking up and getting worse for the next few days....not cool!!!

Yes, I agree. I have grown real weary of this wind also. Friday's wind forecast for where I hunt

is 16 mph, Saturday is 19 mph, and Sunday is 21 mph. Monday is finally supposed to be a tolerable 8 mph. As much as I hate hunting in the wind it's not going to stop me from going.

Good point Grow.  This morning looked pretty good but I had some processing to do.  I killed a doe yesterday (in the wind) and had to get her broken down and loaded into a cooler for transport.  It has been windy and too warm when I've been out.

That's the problem with this years wind situation, it says winds from the SW at 15, get to the stand, OK, I can deal with 15. But seconds later, it's gusting to 25 and from the NE.  I mean swirling yeah, but all day? certainly doesn't help the situation either.  I'm sure the deer don't like to move with heavy winds like we're having on the weekends.   

I cant tell you many times ive had this happen. You can neutralize a shifting wind in gun season, but forget about it with a bow

That's the problem with this years wind situation, it says winds from the SW at 15, get to the stand, OK, I can deal with 15. But seconds later, it's gusting to 25 and from the NE.  I mean swirling yeah, but all day? certainly doesn't help the situation either.  I'm sure the deer don't like to move with heavy winds like we're having on the weekends.   

I can deal with 10-15 mph winds if they are a steady from the north ,south etc. I actually prefer a little wind because you know what direction your scent is going and doesn't swirl like it would with a lower wind. But I agree ,countless times this year you get a gust out of the NE out of no where, or it shifts from one direction to another..very frustrating

Couldn't agree more. Was off this wk and the wind was terrible. Saw 5 bucks on Sunday, 11/3, 4 bucks on Monday, 11/4, 0 deer Tuesday, 11/5, 0 deer Wednesday, 11/6, 1 buck Thursday, 11/7, and 1 buck today. The wind killed deer movement here in 9h Tuesday-Friday. That's why it's called hunting. Good luck all!

Arrrrrgh!  Tomorrow is my only day to hunt this week.  The forecast?

Windy with showers developing later in the day. High 44F. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 50%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

What the hell NY??

I have been seeing bucks but I sat for 5hrs. yesterday morning, with very mild winds but the winds still kept changing. Seemed like every 20 minutes or so. I didn't see a damn thing.But on the way out I noticed that a coyote left his calling card in one of the active scrapes by my stand. Im not sure whats going on…..

All day there has been a constant roar of the winds, and I pity anyone who is trying to hunt out of a treestand today. It basically would be all moving shots even if the deer were standing still.....lol. That is if you could shoot while having one arm wrapped tight around the tree.

• Like 1