Help buying new boots

Jeremy K

Hey people, I want to get my dad a new pair of boots , he only hunts in the pull on rubber ones . Im looking for advise on which ones to push him towards . He just put a hole in a pair last weekend ,i wanted to get him a pair for his Xmas present early so he can hunt with dry feet. I have had a few and the rubber split after a season so i know to stay away from that company ,just looking to see if you guys have a few seasons out of a certain pair that you would recommend .

Thanks in advance !

Muck boots are a quality product..Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

They are very tough, and the models with insulation are warm...

I'm on my fourth season on a pair of Muck Woodies..They are showing some wear, but they still don't leak and they have a LOT of miles on them.

If Muck doesn't have a lifetime guarantee, I'd buy them from LL Bean.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Good point! They don't.... I just looked that up 5min ago! LOL  Just noticed a little tear on my boots today and I can't imagine how I could have done it! Probably no biggie, as it's up near the top, and not all the way through, so it won't shouldn't leak.

I've been wearing rubber boots a long time, and tried most brands, I bought a pair of these for use around the house and there all I wear now, cheap, fit good, and warm I'm ruff on boots and these last longer than the others

also the holes in the top are great for pulling them on

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/itascatrade%3B-mens-mid-tier-boot-camouflage

I actually just called him and he was out and about and i told him to meet me over at gander mtn. He bought some doe piss and .38 ammo . I said "lets go look at boots" I told him i was buying him boots for Xmas so find a pair , i told the chic to get him a pair of Muck boots in size 11 , they didn't have the model he settled on in his size but i told him i would go around and get him a pair tomorrow . Thanks again for the help.

My muck Arctic pros just cracked open where your toes bend last week. I had them a year and half so out of warranty now. I'm very rough on boots between bow season, driving during shotgun, and predator hunting till March but I expected a little longer life out of them. Mucks aren't built as well now as they were when they were first introduced. I just picked up a pair of the new under armour spinex boots with line-x coating. A little more $$ then Mucks but We'll see how they hold up!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have the under Armour rubber boots. I love them. Extremely comfortable and have been very durable over the last 2 years. I wear them year round and abuse the hell out of them. Still no tears or leaks or really much sign of wear when they are cleaned up. I highly suggest them. I have the uninsulated ones and I think they run about 120 bucks.

I seem to be in the minority here, my Lacrosse Alpha Burly's in the Camo print haven't failed me in the 3 years I've owned them.  My 14 yr old son has a matching pair and haven't heard a peep out of him about being cold.  Other guys in the camp have the Lacrosse brand as well and swear by them.  Around $120 for the 1000 Grams of Thinsulate, you can go less expensive without the camo print.  Good ankle support as well, I do a lot of drives in these boots and have always been comfortable.  Used to have Field and Stream brand, while warm, feet floated all around inside and they were heavy.  If they ever get punctured (as mine did on a log), Gorilla glue is a great repair tool as it expands while drying.

a232-m.jpg

17" Ranger Pac Boots with a Removable Liner I actually just order a pair last night and will most likely get a pair for my old man if he likes them as well.

Its hard to find these anymore you use to be able to get them at Tractor Supply but I found one online company that still sells them.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/ranger_removable_liner_all_rubber_17_inch_pac_boot_buy.html

I'm so fed up with rubber boots lasting less than a season. Bought Lacrosse first week of August...left one has a tear/hole as of last week.

I should have bought another pair of Cabela's brand. They replaced a pair after less than a years use. Then replaced the second pair. BUT, they only go up to size 14. I was able to get Lacrosse in size 15 for a good price. Garbage.

Lacrosse boots are not the same as the good ole USA made olive green boot with yellow ring around the top; they "Chinad" them up.

I'm sticking with muck and Cabelas, one size too small and lifetime warranty.