How do other hunters irritate you ?

fasteddie

Have you ever had another hunter go skulking by your stand right at that perfect time in the afternoon when you expect to see that buck that you have been scouting. They usually come right from the direction that you were figuring the buck would be coming from. Nobody's fault, but it is irritating.  :-\

Doc

The scenario you described above happens all too often on State land. What compounds the problem is when you find the hunter in your location the next morning/afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person that irritates me is the BS'er that is walking across / threw your hunting area claiming he is tracking a deer that he hit with his gun when no shots have been fired . He shows you a leaf with red on it that you can pick up anywhere during the fall season . No deer has come through and no tracks where he is walking . My sister in law has kicked several tresspassers off her property over the years !

Have you ever had somebody try to kick you off your own property? I have heard of this happening, but never had it happen to me. Apparently some trespassers think a good offense is better than a good defense, and assume that you don't own the property and pretend that they do.

Bubba ...when we were in Colorado looking for property ...Those posted signs were every where....I don't really think they thought it was just a joke ???

Actually those stated..........POSTED

Violators will be shot

Survivors will be prosecuted

My experience has been that hunters in general are some of the greatest complainers alive.  I know a good many of them who think every hunter out there except themselves is an outlaw and poacher.  Granted, I have come across my share of low life hunters over my earlier hunting years, but these days I just hunt and don't really care what other hunters do.  I've been lucky enough to have exclusive hunting rights to some nice private property for a good many years now and have hardly ever seen anyone while hunting, nevermind being irritated by anyone.  I do realize that a good many of the complaints here have merit.  If you want to see some real life yahoo knuckleheads, just take up hunting.  You are bound to run into them sooner than later.  This is sad, but VERY true.

hunters with double standards

true story - friend shoots a deer on property we have exlusive permission to hunt - deer goes about 10 yards onto ajoining property and dies - we drag back to our side and gut, etc. Neigbor sees blood trails call DEC and says we are poaching - nothing happens becuase it's not true - but he tells landowner to not let us hunt there....fast forward a few weeks later.....i'm sitting on watch - doesn't this guy come walking across our hunting property ! - being sarcastic i ask him "who the hell are you and are you lost ?" - doesn't he try to justify the trespassing - he said he heard on a scanner someone hit a deer with a car so he wanted to look for it - little did he know the land owner we have permission from is NYS trooper.....

deer hunting does tend to make people insane.  That to me is the scariest part of hunting

I'm glad someone else said this, and not me, although I surely can't disagree.  Makes one think, doesn't it?  If us hunters don't trust others out there participating in the same sport we do, and who just happen to be gun owners like we are, why then should the rest of society??

Simple question with NO simple answers, that's for darned sure!!

Bubba ...when we were in Colorado looking for property ...Those posted signs were every where....I don't really think they thought it was just a joke ???

Actually those stated..........POSTED

Violators will be shot

Survivors will be prosecuted

even scarier are the ones way back in the woods that read

trespassers will be shot! survivors will be violated!! ;D ;D ;D

I had a guy last yr shoot a doe in the leg then ask the land owner for permission to track it across his land. He said ok and the guy proceeded to drive his 4 wheeler down every trail in the woods while 3 guys walked the entire property ( 200 acres) and I mean the entire property even though there was snow on the ground and a nice blood trail to follow. Then they proceeded to push the property next to that and shot a doe that ended up not even being the one he shot. Then he had the nuts to confront me about cutting down a ladder stand he had built on the property without permission to even hunt there and there are posted signs every 20 ft or so!!!. ( was real nice to, all nice new treated lumber, that I chopped up with a machete and left in a nice pile for him) ;D Since my uncle lives in the city he appointed me benevolent  dictator over the land while he's not there, so I told him to not ever step foot on the property again!!

The one that gets me is from some of the local yongsters,But my grandfather and father hunted here and they said I could also,is a good area.Then I tell them to take a hike,Your relatives and you are not paying the taxes and up keep on My Posted Property.

Tresspassers!! I pay property taxes, spend a lot of money on maintaining/improving the property, spend money on planting foodplots, and bust my butt to have a place for me and my 2 young kids to hunt and enjoy ourselves. Then to have tresspassers come in to hunt our place, REALLY pisses me off!

Holier than thou hunters irritate me.  The guys who turn up their noses at your spike because it's not a trophy.  I am a 20 year old college student.  I pay my own bills, rent, etc.  Part of the reason why I hunt is because the meat it gives me really helps cut down my food expenses so if a spike walks by me I harvest him.  I see no reason to be ashamed.  Not all of us want antlers on a wall some just want venison on the table and memories in the woods.  I work just as hard for my spike as they do for their 8 point yet they look at me with the same disdain they would give a poacher.

Holier than thou hunters irritate me.  The guys who turn up their noses at your spike because it's not a trophy.  I am a 20 year old college student.  I pay my own bills, rent, etc.  Part of the reason why I hunt is because the meat it gives me really helps cut down my food expenses so if a spike walks by me I harvest him.  I see no reason to be ashamed.  Not all of us want antlers on a wall some just want venison on the table and memories in the woods.  I work just as hard for my spike as they do for their 8 point yet they look at me with the same disdain they would give a poacher.

Some guys will hold out for "the big one" and eat the tag !  :D

Lol ..... We do hear a lot of that, don't we? Everytime I hear someone declaring to the world how they hold out for this and hold out for that, I always wonder just what are they really trying to say. Is it really just another way of trying to convince the world that they are such a great hunter that they don't need to harvest those little bucks. Sometimes it does kind of have that ring to it, doesn't it? I feel much more comfortable around those that quietly set their own goals and challenges and don't spend a whole lot of time bragging to the world what those challenges and goals are. Sometimes those quiet ones will surprise you with what's hanging on their wall.

Doc