A different kind of hunting

Water Rat

I took my metal detector along the bank of the Hudson River yesterday. I wanted to check out an old swimming hole from the early 1900's. It's also a place were I used to go striper fishing. Aside from the usual assorted junk , this is what I found.

9 wheaties , 3 mercury head dimes , 1 skeleton key , 2 buttons , 1 women's ring and a 1893 Barber dime. Metal detecting is a cool hobby.

IMG_3112.thumb.jpg.07019e8b33c3f6d86f2e8fc2f424d98b.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I took my metal detector along the bank of the Hudson River yesterday. I wanted to check out an old swimming hole from the early 1900's. It's also a place were I used to go striper fishing. Aside from the usual assorted junk , this is what I found.

9 wheaties , 3 mercury head dimes , 1 skeleton key , 2 buttons , 1 women's ring and a 1893 Barber dime. Metal detecting is a cool hobby.

IMG_3112.thumb.jpg.07019e8b33c3f6d86f2e8fc2f424d98b.jpg

Cool,  I have an uncle who has been up on Oak Island in the Atlantic, off Canada,  looking for the Holy Grail since the early 1970’s.  I think all those who were up there longer have now passed away.  

I always get a kick out of the British guy, with the metal detector on that show:  “ooh, top pocket find”.