My first black bear on a trail camera

Water Rat

I got my first pic of a bear last fall.  Actually spotted a bear this spring on the same property, and the first day I put my cams out last week, on the same property, I got a pic of a bear sniffing my cam.  Hopefully one of us gets a crack at him this season.  All the corn on neighboring properties are in the process of being cut, so a good portion of his food supply is about to disappear. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UWShunter said:

I hunted in CT last Saturday.
No deer but 2 Bear.
1 not so big, but the other was huge.
Bear are becoming real popular in NW CT. Worse, there’s no bear season.
On my property, that may change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, UWShunter said:

A lot of bear in NW CT and there’s no bear season. Dumb.

Yup. I am learning quickly how many we have here. I almost petted a cub the other day. It ran by me at 10ft in my driveway. I got trail cam pics of bigger ones. They rip apart my next door neigbors wooden garbage holder a few times already this year. Did you see the Ridgefield cop shot one in newtown to protect his grandkid? He got off all charges but people still going after him because the bear had a facebook page!

• Like 1

Yup. I am learning quickly how many we have here. I almost petted a cub the other day. It ran by me at 10ft in my driveway. I got trail cam pics of bigger ones. They rip apart my next door neigbors wooden garbage holder a few times already this year. Did you see the Ridgefield cop shot one in newtown to protect his grandkid? He got off all charges but people still going after him because the bear had a facebook page!

NW CT is filled with them. Heard something about the cop & good for him. So far this year - 3 sitings of bear on my land (2 in the field last Saturday & 1 was 15 yards from my house a few weeks back). Saw 3 more in town. My concern is not only safety for me & others but it’s impact on deer population. Getting deer on cams but nothing seen in the fields but that should change. Still way early.
DEEC called me bc I report all sitings & they were like - yup it’s a problem. Also spoke w legislator who supports bear season. Bottom line - there might be a bear season on my land if necessary.

• Like 1

NW CT is filled with them. Heard something about the cop & good for him. So far this year - 3 sitings of bear on my land (2 in the field last Saturday & 1 was 15 yards from my house a few weeks back). Saw 3 more in town. My concern is not only safety for me & others but it’s impact on deer population. Getting deer on cams but nothing seen in the fields but that should change. Still way early.
DEEC called me bc I report all sitings & they were like - yup it’s a problem. Also spoke w legislator who supports bear season. Bottom line - there might be a bear season on my land if necessary.

Usually when i get the lone bigger bear on camera I won’t get a deer pic for a few days instead of every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1