Who is ready for some ice?!?!?

TeeBugg

Nothing like a meal of panfish pulled from under the ice. Make sure you pick up a jar of Berkley GULP Maggots to tip your jigs with.

Heck yeah! Dont leave home without em! I use alot of plastics too. Was able to fish a private pond alot last year. Some areas had no ice and this still had 8 to 9 inches. Big gills sunnies and crappie!

You ice fishermen are a lot tougher then me.. I fished at the beach in the snow today and my foot got  wet, then it  got so cold that it swelled up and I could barely walk..  I cannot even imagine ice fishing....My hat is off to you...

It can be brutal and some times it is most pleasant. I can remember a few times as a youngster being on the ice in a t-shirt.

I have a funny story about ice fishing to share. A couple of years ago my husband was

ice fishing with a couple of his buddies on Lake Chautauqua. He had drilled a few of

his own holes to fish out of but then later he fished through a hole that was already

there. He got a hold of something and pulled it through the ice. It was a plastic

shopping bag. He squeezed it and out oozed a brown substance. Here it was a bag of

crap! LMAO! Someone must have pooped in a bag while in their fishing hut and then they

dropped it down the hole and then he caught it! We teased him like crazy saying he's

probably the only guy ever that's caught a bag of crap! LOL!

I've had good luck using ice flies for panfish. On the main line I will put a micro spinner that spins while it falls. Then I rig 3-4 ice flies on the line. One every couple feet and tip each one with a minnow or meal worm. This lets me fish multiple depths on one jigging rod.

Edited by PREDATE

i sold my vexilar last year, but i got the itch. i heard another good tip taking those little rubber sqiushy toys that have the little rubber antenae sticking out all over the place (about 1" long not even a 1/8th in diameter), cut off some of those and rig em.

Ill attest that they work. Found a bunch at the dollar store last year...they work great and i have hundreds of em in different colors!