First one for two

jimbo91

Ok, its my second weekend out this year, im hunting with my uncle, my grandfather, and my little cousin who has never stepped foot in the woods before. after an unsuccessful saturday, in which me and my cousin missed the same deer at virtually the same time (i have an excuse lol) we have seen a ton of deer, but none really close enough to get a shot off, its sunday morning, and i give the best stand in the woods to my cousin, niether of us have ever shot a deer, but i thought i would be selfless and give him a good chance to get one. Its about 9:30, and he radios up, "hey guys i got one" and he had, it was a small doe. Well me and my uncle gutted it for him and dragged it back to camp. My cousin said he wanted to hunt squirrels down by the stream, i told him to go, and ill sit in the treestand he was just in and see if he pushes anything that way. so i sit there for about 2 hours, and nothing, they radio back to me and say they are about to head up my way. about 5 minutes later i hear something in the pines, i figured it was a squirrel until i heard the crack or a branch, i got real excited and got to my feet. I saw him come out of the pines, it looked like a good sized 4 point, so i radio over to my uncle and told him to stay where he was. the deer took his sweet time investigating the woods, then went back into the pines. i was just about to radio my uncle when he emerged again, this time 18 yards from me. well he turned broadside with his head down and thwack, i got him, my first deer, i watched him run into the pines and heard him crash. It was a dead on heart and lung shot. Perfection lol i know it isnt the biggest deer on here, but it was my first thats why i felt it was special enough to post here!

post-1768-131455365922_thumb.jpg