First big buck

carloracer1987

Well im sorry to inform you this will be a short story. I get into the stand at 2:00pm 11-16-13 and it is dead besides a few squirrels. I've never been to a spot with absolutely no activity. But i stayed because i knew there was atleast 4 different bucks in the area. 4:42 rolls around and im thinking Shit not one single deer and in 1 minute its past legal sunset. I look back and here this buck comes rolling through, litterally right under my stand and kept slowly walking until i had a shot at about 15 yards. I seen that bullet hit, he puffed up about 4 times his size and slow walked off 30 yards then crashed. I'm extremely happy with this buck, i thanked my father (who passed 7 years ago). Just because some one's gone dosent mean they are not right there next to us !

post-687-0-90537500-1384691467_thumb.jpg

post-687-0-65421300-1384691473_thumb.jpg

post-687-0-27877500-1384691506_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

After talking with some ya-hoo land neighbor he helped me load it, then told me there is a bigger 10 point that makes him look tiny. I pulled my trail cam and he is 100% right !

Nothing matters but the buck YOU killed right now.  Be proud of yours! 

Thinking of your father at that time is important.

Congrats!

• Like 1