STEROIDS-- THE DESTROYER...

blackbeltbill

I ran into a old friend from Decades back at the Gym where we lifted. This guy is now 77. He sure does not look it. Still Damn Big.

He told me  of 2 other close friends of his - one a Bodybuilder  and the other a Powerlifter who have passed on. I knew them both also.  My old friend told me that both were real heavy into the Steroids  and on them for many years.  He thinks that the Heavy Steroid use led them both to Dying before their Time.

Now both of us are in the Bank Line talking this morning and ,I told him that-- although super tempted,I never took any Steroids. Same with him.

I did and,I still take supplements  though. Back in the 1980s-- HOT STUFF was the Top Supplement.  Everything but the kitchen sink. " Orchic" was in that as well. Crushed up and powdered Bull Balls.  I am digressing a bit.  Anyone here over say- age 40 or so,I guarantee  took a supplement  with Orchic in it and other stuff like- Yohimbe. Don't  take anything with Yohimbe or Gurana in a Supplement.  Your Heart will Race...

Getting back to the Steroid Topic,I remember  back when,I first competed in Bodybuilding  Shows. I was in a total of 10 Shows including competing in the 1977/78 WBBG  Teenage Mr. America  twice. Even back then- Steroid use was heavy. At my best " Ripped" shape,I was right around 200lbs at 5.9".  This is as a natural. 

One of my Friendly opponents  who,I competed against was Heavy on Steroids- although at the time,I did not know it. Years later,I saw him at the Gym at no more then 130lbs at around 5'6" telling me that he went through Chemotherapy.   I was close to obtaining some Steroids  around this time period  and it is a good thing,I ran into him that day.

Problem is that they work and are too easy to obtain. They age and destroy your organs however. That is the price and often an early grave.

Steve Reeves is still in my mind the Best. A 52" Chest and a 29" waist. A Lifetime Natural  Bodybuilder. 

Today- guys onstage go anywhere from 280lbs to 320lbs.  Alot of these guys look Pregnant up there.  The Drugs they take now also inlarge the Intestines.  It is a Horrible  look . 

And lastly- Roid Rage does indeed exist. I have witnessed it many times in the Gym over the Decades.

As a Natural,I lifted very heavy. I won't  bore you. My best was at age 28 when,I did Squats with 315lbs for 100 reps over the course of 60 minutes.

2 of my Nephews  somehow got a hold of some Steroids. They knew,I was not happy. Both are off now.

I could write 20 more paragraphs- but,I will leave it there.

Stay Natural out there...

• Like 2

Talk to me about creatine....not for me cause I am way past caring! My boys(17), both very active, both lift/work out and both talk about their friends using creatine.

I've heard mixed reviews from medical professional to muscle heads to those who have used it to those who are terrified by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Talk to me about creatine....not for me cause I am way past caring! My boys(17), both very active, both lift/work out and both talk about their friends using creatine.

I've heard mixed reviews from medical professional to muscle heads to those who have used it to those who are terrified by it.

Here is a good summary to read from WebMD . Mixed results on both the pros and cons .

https://www.webmd.com/men/creatine

59 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Creatine is wonderful. Have used it on and off for 20 yrs. Don't fall for the gimmicks. Just get straight up creatine  monohydrate. 

6 hours ago, Lucky118 said:

Anyone do TRT? Getting close to 50 and feeling it. Is it worth it?

Heard incredible things about TRT.  They check your blood every couple months and monitor what you need and what you do not need. I know several people that do it and they look and feel incredible. Could be a little expensive much more expensive than doing steriods but monitored and much safer..    

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

Back in the day we took it ,I have no idea what they say about it now ,it was always creatine with 8 Oz of grape juice in the morning and glutamine before bedtime. The only precautions I ever remember hearing was to drink plenty of water which most people working out would do anyway.

Edited by Jeremy K

I used to inject them into my training partner , in the gym parking lot on Lyell Ave ….. I know guys who died at very young ages from them .  My training partners source was a guy who had horses and got them from his vet …. 

It’s a high price to pay for vanity .

• Thanks 1

What,I am focused on and have been since age 43 is natural ways  and relatively  inexpensive  supplements  to increase Testosterone  and Herbs to hopefully  cut down on Arterial  Plaque. 

Everyday,I take Cinnamon, Powered Garlic,Tumeric, + powered Ginger. They all cut Cholesterol in your Bloodstream.

I put Powdered Cinnamon  in my Coffee-( right now),Powdered Tumeric + powdered Ginger in my Yogurt, and Powdered Garlic on many Dinners. Tumeric also is used on many Dinners. 

Tumeric  also is anti- cancer and blocks Estrogen build up in men over 40. 

Anything that builds up Estrogen  in men over 40 is gonna Rob your energy and lower your Testosterone!

MEN OVER 40-- DO NOT EAT ANYTHING WITH SOY!!! Forget the Soymilk. Start checking ingredients  at the store. Anything with Soy Protein should not be bought...

Soy Protein  increases Estrogen- the Female Hormone. 

To keep my Testosterone  levels as high as possible  without breaking the Bank or getting any Testosterone  injections like- Joe Rogan + former Mr. Olympia- Dorian Yates,I take everyday- 50 mg of DHEA. That is a natural  substance  that decreases in your body starting in your 30s. FDA tried to BAN DHEA back around 2010. It is a precursor  to Testosterone.  It is Cheap and can be bought in most Stores. Some like to take it on and off.

Panax Ginseng is my #1 to increase Testosterone and Increase energy. I take 500 mg a day.

ZINC is next. All men over 40 should be taking Zinc! It will Jack up your Testosterone  and keep your Prostate from enlarging.  Don't  take Zinc on a empty stomach!  50mg a Day. Zinc also Blocks Estrogen  build up which will Rob your energy.

Some of the above will " lower Blood Sugar".  No one wants to be Diabetic.  Cinnamon, Tumeric, Garlic, Ginger all lower your Blood Sugar.

You need to " Google" for yourself.

I also take Ginkgo Biloba. Like Ginseng  it will increase Blood Flow, help with Balance,lower Blood Sugar.

Do your own research  before taking any of the above.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

I used to inject them into my training partner , in the gym parking lot on Lyell Ave ….. I know guys who died at very young ages from them .  My training partners source was a guy who had horses and got them from his vet …. 

It’s a high price to pay for vanity .

I went to the same Gym for Decades. I have seen plenty of Guys openly talk of their usage. 

Most trained the same way- Fast and short movements with Cheating. 

Look at Pro Wrestler  Paul Orandorf later in life before he died. Down to 160lbs tops. Dorian Yates can't  weigh more then 160 or so now. Ronnie Coleman is super light as well now. Once these Retired Pro Bodybuilders hit their mid 50s- they lose all their size and their faces have prematurely  aged as well.

I still have my Size because,I stayed Natural. But,I was Tempted early on.

6 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

If that is Testosterone  injections,I personally  would not. But that is just me.

I see there is a interest in this Thread here.

If done the right way by the right physician it is actually good for you. TRT is still not that popular around here but in fort lauderdale and miami , very very popular.  You have to see the results of some of these guys.. Low testostorone could be very harmful to you as well. They put your levels where they need to be...  

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

I went to the same Gym for Decades. I have seen plenty of Guys openly talk of their usage. 

Most trained the same way- Fast and short movements with Cheating. 

Look at Pro Wrestler  Paul Orandorf later in life before he died. Down to 160lbs tops. Dorian Yates can't  weigh more then 160 or so now. Ronnie Coleman is super light as well now. Once these Retired Pro Bodybuilders hit their mid 50s- they lose all their size and their faces have prematurely  aged as well.

I still have my Size because,I stayed Natural. But,I was Tempted early on.

Those dudes went as hard as you can go though and it was stuff from the early 80s , there's alot cleaner versions of performance enhancers now .

10 minutes ago, skully said:

If done the right way by the right physician it is actually good for you. TRT is still not that popular around here but in fort lauderdale and miami , very very popular.  You have to see the results of some of these guys.. Low testostorone could be very harmful to you as well. They put your levels where they need to be...  

It's no different then people with thyroid conditions ,there's an optimum level you should be at based on various factors . I've done a little reading on it.. There is some risk and regular testing is part of the routine.

One of my boys rows crew..burns about 3,000-4,000 calories a day when heavy training and struggles to replace that with clean proteins. It has been "recommended" that he would benefit. The other one lifts 3-5 days a week and plays football, throws shot and hammer in the winter and baseball. It was said that he doesn't go through enough if is naturally produced creatine with his workouts and the excess could be harmful to his liver.

Does that jive with what you all experience/see?

pS....I will not be making decisions about any health issues for my boys from a forum but I do love the anecdotals from experienced muscleheads!!!

22 minutes ago, skully said:

DHEA is what men over 40 here need to be taking. Pennies on the dollar and the FDA failed to ban it because it is natural  in your body already.

I will stick with the 4 above on a daily basis. Ashwagandha  Jacks up your " T" Levels as well. And supports the Thyroid as well as being an Adaptagen  like Ginseng.

20220922_144812.jpg

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

One of my boys rows crew..burns about 3,000-4,000 calories a day when heavy training and struggles to replace that with clean proteins. It has been "recommended" that he would benefit. The other one lifts 3-5 days a week and plays football, throws shot and hammer in the winter and baseball. It was said that he doesn't go through enough if is naturally produced creatine with his workouts and the excess could be harmful to his liver.

Does that jive with what you all experience/see?

pS....I will not be making decisions about any health issues for my boys from a forum but I do love the anecdotals from experienced muscleheads!!!

I have never taken any Creatine myself.

Most young guys overtrain and cannot recover.

I always lifted Super Heavy 3 days a week. Full Body Workouts. You need to Recover!