13 year old son got his first buck- 8 point

Tim Rozansky

real nice looking buck and better yet one of those moments that will be remembered by both you and your son forever. congrats to you and your son and hopefully many more to share.

as just a question? what the heck happened to the deer in the forgrounds left ribcage area? ive seen alot of entry/exit wounds but nothing quite like that?

at any rate once again congrats to you and your son.

I would have to say mount it! When I shot my 9 pt, my dad's first thought was mounting it for me. Now since I have it mounted, every time I look at it, it brings back the memory I had with him, when I was granted the ability to harvest the animal with him. So in my opinion I would say mount it for him!

I still want to know how the 13 year old shot the deer? Youth weekend or another state or on Daddy's tag in NY?

looks like they're from Jersey, certainly not NY tags on the deer..........I checked out NJ's Fish & Game Website, looks like kids as young as 10 can possibly take deer.