2nd moount ever

njg0621

I shot this 8pt with the bow early season and decided to let my buddy mount it.  He is new to taxidermy so I figured he could use some practice.  It took him one weekend to tan the hide, I ordered the mount and it was done by the next weekend.  Took him a total of 5 hrs to do the whole moutn besides the tanning process.  I think it came out pretty darn good for only his second time! Pretty Impressed!

post-1200-0-06526800-1384806396_thumb.jp

Edited by njg0621

To be honest for all materials (eyes, Mold, ears) it costs roughly $90.  I am happy that my buddy got a buck to work on and pretty happy with the mount.  The cape came out perfect honestly.  The things that need to be worked on are the eyes and the angle that the scull cap is mounted.  It is leaned a little too high and he looks like he is looke in the head lights a little.  Overall great job but those are the things he needs to work on for the next time.  I shot that deer the 1st week of bow (Oct5th) that is why the neck is no skinny.   For $90 what the hell!  :) I shot that deer the 1st week of bow (Oct5th) that is why the neck is no skinny. 

I shot that deer the 1st week of bow (Oct5th) that is why the neck is no skinny.   For $90 what the hell!  :) I shot that deer the 1st week of bow (Oct5th) that is why the neck is no skinny. 

Why's the neck so skinny? lol

I like the mount. Congrats on a nice buck!

• 4 weeks later...