The one we called Bases.

phade

As far as I see it...you guys "tagged" him first...in that you made a good place for him to be...scouted enough to know where to locate cams and then captured him on those cams .....there is hunting and hunting with luck sitting on your shoulder...then there is only luck....\

Take pride in doing all the things it took to get him to cross over a small area to get his picture shot...and put that on your wall with pride...

I still would like to hear the whole story. You only tell half of it in your post.What did this guy do to you that is so bad?

no offense but you are poking a bear. I didnt post to tell a story. I posted pics of a very large buck for others to enjoy now that he doesnt need to be kept under wraps. Stop pressing.

• Like 1

Free range deer will go where they please.  It sucks someone got a deer you were after though.  I had it happen to me 2 seasons ago.  Neighboor shot him on the last day of late black powder.  I had trail camera pics of him for 3 years a tall wide 10 point grossing just over 142.  That is a hell of a buck for where i hunt in 5G.  I hope another buck otakes the place of "bases", i know im still waiting for mine.

Awesome buck for sure.

There certainly is no justice in hunting or correlation that a "good" hunter ends up on top every time. I put in obscene amounts of time in hunting and many times it goes with no "typical" reward. I have learned to only put in what you are willing to without expecting anything in return - very similiar to a true friendship. I used to expect if I hunted every day I would be rewarded by the "hunting gods", this however is not the case.

You both have the right attitude in appreciating the scouting, close encounters including your trail cam pictures and the measure of success is not always proven by what is hanging on the wall. These bucks are still legends that you will always remember.

I still would like to hear the whole story. You only tell half of it in your post.What did this guy do to you that is so bad?

quit being a pest and pouring salt in the wound dude.. did you NOT read that they just threw this guy off there property the week before for.....   wait for it....... waaiittit for itttt..........."TRESPASSING"  the immortal sin on this sight!    great buck phade, and you play dumb like you aint got sh($% this season for good bucks around haha... sneaky panda ... i get it though...   he's a doozzyyy ! 

quit being a pest and pouring salt in the wound dude.. did you NOT read that they just threw this guy off there property the week before for.....   wait for it....... waaiittit for itttt..........."TRESPASSING"  the immortal sin on this sight!    great buck phade, and you play dumb like you aint got sh($% this season for good bucks around haha... sneaky panda ... i get it though...   he's a doozzyyy ! 

reminds me of that ren and stimpy episode when they were pouring lemon juice n salt in their gaping wounds lol 

From what I understand the guy who finally got the buck was basically the last guy in the area that you'd like to see get him. Wrong guy in the right place at the right time. I know Phade and Moog wanted to get him but once they tagged out they set other guys up on the buck and came close. I actually thought the buck was unkillable. The only comfort is knowing there are always new bucks in the pipeline and it only takes 4 years for that button buck to become a legitimate shooter.