Rochester Gun Show

johnplav

I went last year and I think the year before. It's fun if you've got time to kill, but a far cry from the shows of old and I leave sort of saddened seeing on display what this twat of a governor and her molesting predecessor has done. 

I went to a show out of state once and it wasn't that much bigger but a lot cooler to see all the other options other states have and booths with silencers and other cool things we can't have.

sigh. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

I went last year and I think the year before. It's fun if you've got time to kill, but a far cry from the shows of old and I leave sort of saddened seeing on display what this twat of a governor and her molesting predecessor has done. 

I went to a show out of state once and it wasn't that much bigger but a lot cooler to see all the other options other states have and booths with silencers and other cool things we can't have.

sigh. 

Unfortunately, I agree. 

My father-in-law wants me to go with him, so I figured why not.  That works out good, my wife cant complain about it. 

Ill bring some cash just incase I stumble on a cool bucket list gun or some hard to find ammo.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Unfortunately, I agree. 

My father-in-law wants me to go with him, so I figured why not.  That works out good, my wife cant complain about it. 

Ill bring some cash just incase I stumble on a cool bucket list gun or some hard to find ammo.  

let us know how the ammo thing goes. Something I didn't even think of and wonder how they'll handle. 

3 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Unfortunately, I agree. 

Ill bring some cash just in case I stumble on a cool bucket list gun or some hard to find ammo.  

Curious to know if they accept Cash !

8 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

I might have to rearrange some things to be able to go this weekend. I call 12+ gun shops a couple times a week looking for CCI 209M or Winchester 209 Shot shell primers, but no one has had any in a LONG time. 

How times have changed in an instant. I bought this sleeve in late Aug or 1st week in Sept in 2019 . I bought a sleeve of Win 209's , a sleeve of Triple 777 primers , and this sleeve of CCI 209 Magnum primers at the same time . The Win and the Triple 7 was $3.95 and the CCI Magnums you can see were $4.25 .  The sad part is I dont even need or use the magnum primers . I use the Pyrodex and Triple 7 pellets which the other primers work just fine with . If there was a way to send them to you I would. 

aprimer.JPG

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

How times have changed in an instant. I bought this sleeve in late Aug or 1st week in Sept in 2019 . I bought a sleeve of Win 209's , a sleeve of Triple 777 primers , and this sleeve of CCI 209 Magnum primers at the same time . The Win and the Triple 7 was $3.95 and the CCI Magnums you can see were $4.25 .  The sad part is I dont even need or use the magnum primers . I use the Pyrodex and Triple 7 pellets which the other primers work just fine with . If there was a way to send them to you I would. 

aprimer.JPG

Believe me, as impossible as they are to find, I would almost drive to NH to get them! LOL  I can't imagine what's causing the shortage! Some shops have told me they haven't had any 209 primers in over a year! Just crazy!

Edited by Cabin Fever

18 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Believe me, as impossible as they are to find, I would almost drive to NH to get them! LOL  I can't imagine what's causing the shortage! Some shops have told me they haven't had any 209 primers in over a year! Just crazy!

I’ll check my source next week , I bought small pistol primers for a member there last year , when nobody could find them . They have boxes of primers but I don’t give them a second look .

perhaps tomorrow, Mrs nomad is going grape picking after lunch, so I got all day to goof off !

are you fussy on brand and price  ? Because that might not work .

22 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Went to my local gun shop today . He just got in 10 sleeves of Federal 209's . Already has 20 people on a waiting list for them. 

31 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Cabelas has the winchester 777 209 primers in stock right now, you have to pay additional $22 hazmat and $17/100ct.

I have 2- 100ct Federal 209A if anyone wants to trade for Federal 215 Magnum large rifle primers.

Edited by Dinsdale

Attended the Syracuse show last Sunday, crowd wise the numbers were low while I was there. A lot of empty tables and many vendors selling stuff other than firearms. Prices were pretty fair on most firearms and the vendors were willing to deal. A hunting buddy that I went to the show with picked up a beautiful delux new in the box Winchester Low Wall single shot in 223 at a great price.

Ammo and reloading components were for the most part abundant but the prices were high in my opinion but at least available.

Al

• Like 1

Went to the show.  Similar to other years, seemed like maybe fewer guns. Confusion about selling any semiautos, some guys were saying they’d need to go on your pistol permit.  Decent amount of ammo, priced pretty high.  Sellers were taking down name, age, occupation, and county of residence for ammo sales.  I didn’t notice much reloading stuff, but I also don’t know anything about reloading.   Still good to see the show happening again and got to BS with a few guys I haven’t seen in a while. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, GreeneHunter said:

Curious to know if they accept Cash !

On 9/23/2022 at 10:17 AM, johnplav said:

I'd be willing to break my rule about not buying ammo in NY, to help out some of these smaller gun shops... but the cash only rule wont even bend.

16 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Went to my local gun shop today . He just got in 10 sleeves of Federal 209's . Already has 20 people on a waiting list for them. 

My local Walmart has lots of ammo with a 4 box maximum. No identification or credit card needed. That's in liberal controlled ithaca..... be careful what and who you get your information from. To many conspiracy theories out there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

My local Walmart has lots of ammo with a 4 box maximum. No identification or credit card needed. That's in liberal controlled ithaca..... be careful what and who you get your information from. To many conspiracy theories out there.

Not a conspiracy,everyone is doing it differently. Most  here removed it from where customers can handle it , all that I’m aware of here record your information.

I shop at a place that only sells to military and first responders ( so like zero liberals shopping or working there)  , even there they moved it off the floor to behind a counter , then at point of purchase they record your info from your DL or pistol permit . 

The law spells out what’s required of them , the fact that theres no system to enter the info yet is the gray area , some aren’t willing to risk their FFL over not recording it on paper , to enter later .

the Syracuse judge who dismissed the case  , as it was brought to him prior to the law taking effect , is going to hear the case again or a similar one I guess  very soon . His comments clearly showed he believes many parts of the law are unconstitutional,so fingers crossed .   

• Thanks 1