4F Bear and Doe

NYBowhunter

I had posted these pictures in the general hunting and bear hunting sections of the forums, but thought I would post here being it's more relevant to people hunting region 4. Considering the DEC website indicates that for 2012 there was only 1 bear harvested in Worcester NY, I find my self very fortunate to harvest this beauty on opening day 11/16/13, she scaled out at 230 lbs. So if you see only one bear harvest for 13' in Worcester NY you know it was me...lol I also took this doe 2 days later 11/18 from same stand. Hope you are all having a good season.Now I'm just hoping for one of the bigger bucks to show.

post-14-0-60073800-1385068116_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-32199000-1385068184_thumb.jpg

post-14-0-88068800-1385068306_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks all. BTW it's even more special to me that both my harvests were taken using my dad's 50 year old marlin 336 35 caliber using 150 grain spear points. I told my dad who's 75 years young that he better start looking for another gun if he breaks his current 30-06 because the 35 is now officially mine...lol.. it's a sweet compact light rifle that puts them down in a hurry and makes my trek up the mountain that much easier.