Age this buck

Chef

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

That may be a good pole - how many butcher their own deer regularly?

You’d have to pole guys at the lunch stop or buying licenses, doing it here where most are very into deer hunting would squew the numbers .

My guy here does more then that big one in Buffalo, Buck and Doe , hundreds a year .Dec checks age based on teeth , along with health , size ect  Dec doesn’t measure at the processor. 

Where I go it’s one deer done by one butcher , never any hair , packaged very well never any freezer burn after more then a year . 

he’ s dropped the rate for me when I bring in a small one , after breaking my balls first .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

You’d have to pole guys at the lunch stop or buying licenses, doing it here where most are very into deer hunting would squew the numbers .

My guy here does more then that big one in Buffalo, Buck and Doe , hundreds a year .Dec checks age based on teeth , along with health , size ect  Dec doesn’t measure at the processor. 

Where I go it’s one deer done by one butcher , never any hair , packaged very well never any freezer burn after more then a year . 

he’ s dropped the rate for me when I bring in a small one , after breaking my balls first .

Don't you tell me how to run my pole, no matter how old you are.  lol.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Lar, I may have to use your guy this year. I still am not set up for processing which make me less likely to shoot anything but a GIANT!  Be in touch Bro!

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

look at this giant killed in marion ny a few years ago. Thats a two foot step stool for reference 

0351CC0E-A88A-4725-8FA5-C8DD98D83BC4.jpeg

32CE3558-C2AD-4922-94C4-5C2F8520A17E.jpeg

Your does produces some of the biggest deer in New York every year. To be technical though, that deer was killed in Ontario County and just mounted by a taxidermist in Marion LOL.

Screenshot_20220929-174711.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Your does produces some of the biggest deer in New York every year. To be technical though, that deer was killed in Ontario County and just mounted by a taxidermist in Marion LOL.

Screenshot_20220929-174711.png

You are correct sir. Either way, a pretty cool buck to say the least. And jim does a good job at any mount. We have had many done by  him. 

On 9/29/2022 at 4:15 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

look at this giant killed in marion ny a few years ago. Thats a two foot step stool for reference 

0351CC0E-A88A-4725-8FA5-C8DD98D83BC4.jpeg

32CE3558-C2AD-4922-94C4-5C2F8520A17E.jpeg

My college buddy Kyle killed that buck in Ontario County. Along with another giant the following year. I grew up In Macedon, and have had the luxury of hunting and working in each town North to Lake Ontario, and a few towns south as well. Theres serious Giants up there. My buddy has trail cam pictures and was trying to kill a 200" buck, his cousin in law caught word of it, went in day before Xbow season on the neighbors and hung a stand and killed him next morning. Scored 197".  He's on another Buck that's over 160" this year as a mainframe 8 with kickers. And plenty other giants.. Those swamps along the Lake hold a ton of HUGE deer.. and Different Great genetics. Just alot of Hunting Pressure on those tracts. My family owns 150 acres that goes into the Village of Macedon, Tremendous deer Hunting and Genetics but tremendous amounts of Trespassing and Hunting Pressure..   

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This deer has been a topic of debate on this forum before. The velvet pic is last year the hard horn pic is this year

049795fe23dafa9bcf727c35b65e5dbd.png
d3e3988758ced75ffc42ce454566bb0d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We about to find out! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's nice because deer age will ask you what you think and then they oblige to keep the customer happy

Well you won’t believe this, but chef has pics of the deer in 2020 when it wasn’t a 1.5, so it’s 4.5 at a minimum like I said.

Don’t hate. I wish we genetics like WNY. It’s back to back 4.5’s for Chef. That would likely be two P&Y’s in WNY

4e4fec51658be8952b27a14818fb440f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect example of If you didn’t have 3 years of photos, some WNYers would say he’s 2.5 because they only go by inches and he’s not P&Y. Meanwhile
He’s 4.5, maybe 5.5+.

Nothing will convince Jeremy. He also doesn’t believe in counting rings for Sheep horn age or trees